Hmm, new F-Hole option?

blue313

Did I miss this new option up until now?
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&i=VIP99

vip99a.jpg

We made a number of them as our first formal production pieces. We'll be formalizing the offering and pricing over the next couple of weeks.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Blue313 said:

This has nothing to do with the new F-hole option or even recessed controls, but why are there controls for a Volume, Tone, and toggle on a single hum guitar?

Whoa good point I didn't even notice that.

Cool f-hole btw.

This body was made for Nigel Tufnel - He specified a spot for the "more louder" switch:

Nigel: "So, I said to my Luther 'is there any way to take a single pickup guitar and make it louder - as loud as a double pickup guitar?' "
Interviewer:  "and then he proposed the idea?"
Nigel: "Yes - essentially it kicks in another pickup which is hidden inside the guitar near the back"
Interviewer: <pause> "... but won't that pickup be too far away for it to pickup the strings?"
Nigel: "Well, perhaps in a matter of speaking, but it's the soul of the body that will be picked up"
Interviewer: "and that soul is louder?"
Nigel: "Yes exactly!  More Louder."

..the F-hole pickup?  Does F-hole sound dirty to anyone else?
Yeah. One of my friends (girl) used to play violin, and of course we joked about f holes and g strings.

Gregg said:
We made a number of them as our first formal production pieces. We'll be formalizing the offering and pricing over the next couple of weeks.
Hey Gregg, ya'll ever thought about some different shape "F" holes. The traditional ones look cool, but how about a bit of creativity.  The VIP would look way cooler with something a bit more modern... :headbang1:

Tempest said:
Blue313 said:

This has nothing to do with the new F-hole option or even recessed controls, but why are there controls for a Volume, Tone, and toggle on a single hum guitar?

Whoa good point I didn't even notice that.

Cool f-hole btw.

When I press the customize button, it lets me add a neck pickup option.

Otherwise...you could wire in a kill switch? Or a coil tap?

Oooo I agree with doug. The idea of double lightning bolt f-holes (ala Jesse "the devil" Hughes) is mighty appealing to some of us in the more 'outrageous' category of Warmoth lovers

Would F-holes on a chambered body be purely cosmetic, or will it make a substantial change in the sound?

Max said:
Yeah. One of my friends (girl) used to play violin, and of course we joked about f holes and g strings.

LOL, yea.
A girl comes up to me at work the other day and just throws out "Are F-holes cool"?
No how you doing, no nothin'.

Really hard to keep a straight face, "Oh yea definitely, love em" I say.

Watershed said:
Max said:

LOL, yea.
A girl comes up to me at work the other day and just throws out "Are F-holes cool"?
No how you doing, no nothin'.

Really hard to keep a straight face, "Oh yea definitely, love em" I say.
:icon_thumright:

Back