hi guys, big bob here with an update on the next project.

big bob

Hi guys  (and gals) i got the body cut and the ribs mocked up in cardboard one I have the rim mocked up and the top shaped it will be time for wood
what do you think so far..

I have the top contour and the side rib in cardboard , next is to flip her over and shape the gutcut and control cavity then it's off to the scroll saw, and finaly E-glass.. ordered my neck jackson style maple/maple .. I might even have a line on some pups. 

Well this week had a lot of BS, starting at the bank and ending with a ebay dispute. which I just got a refund for , I haven't had a lot of time to work on the new project. I did manage to get the cardboard mock up done and the guitar has been disassembled so the cardboard parts can be transformed into templates and then wood. today I milled down the cypress for the ribs and got the blanks cut and fitted to the body, hopefully I can start shaping them soon. any way here are some Pict's.

Are the cardboard pieces that you are mocking up going to be templates for wood pieces that will go into the final product?  Is this a skeleton that you will then put a top and back on?  Looks interesting.  You must be an engineer!!  :laughing7:

red king said:
Are the cardboard pieces that you are mocking up going to be templates for wood pieces that will go into the final product?  Is this a skeleton that you will then put a top and back on?  Looks interesting.  You must be an engineer!!  :laughing7:

update continued here.. http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7418.0

Back