Hey, new to the boards, about to start my first build.

Hart

I just thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been looking at Warmoth for quite some time (ever since I read about Rivers' blue strat back in high school) and was always interested in doing a custom build.  After this summer when I finally have the bankroll, I'll be working on my first project.  I'm going with a Firebird; and I'm hoping for it to turn out awesome.  After doing some research and exploring options, I figured I could get my own custom set up for less than the price of the Firebird Studio or V/VII from Gibson.  Plus, I haven't seen any Firebird talk on this site and where I'm sure someone out there bought one, I'd like to be one of the first, if not the first to show a finished custom Firebird to you Warmothaholics here on the forums.

I'd be interested in any tips and pointers you could give me, and I look forward to discussing guitars with ya'll for a long time.  This will be the first of many projects for sure!  :headbang1:

-- Hart

Goldtop
3 P90's
Cream binding on body and neck
Clear gloss mahogany back and neck
Ebony board w/block inlays
Recessed string-through Tune-O-Matic

That's my way-in-the-distant-future Firebird project.

RLW said:
Goldtop
3 P90's

I was going for the clear gloss too!  (Might change my mind, a lot of time to decide!)

Here's another idea.  :icon_biggrin:

DSCN1298.jpg

Ive played a friend's Les Paul with mini humbuckers...these are great! As I understand it, Firebirds usualy have mini's in them, right? Not sure if Warmoth does a rout for these though.

Brian

Only issue is that I don't think Warmoth does Firebird necks any more? They took that design off the neck page a while back; but there are a few necks left on the Showcase. Anybody know what the story is?

jackthehack said:
Only issue is that I don't think Warmoth does Firebird necks any more? They took that design off the neck page a while back; but there are a few necks left on the Showcase. Anybody know what the story is?

Yeah I was wondering about that too. . . I actually didn't even see those in the showcase. . . because I'd actually like to have my neck finished as well.  I was thinking perhaps an Explorer neck would fit. . .?

RLW said:
Goldtop
3 P90's

Almost equal what I think:
2 P90
Rosewood board with trapezoid inlay...

Hart, all the warmoth necks will fit all the warmoth bodies, if that's what you're asking, so a W explorer neck will definitely fit a W firebird body. Also if you think they don't do something anymore, give them a call and ask once you've made up your mind. They seem able to do lots of stuff that they don't officially do.

Hey, man can't wait to see a Warmoth firebird.  A friend of mine wanted me to help him build a firebird, but he had some financial difficulties and it is on hold indefinitely.  I do love those mini humbuckers, but whoever suggested P-90's is on to something as well!  Anyway, good luck, welcome, and I hope to see a Firebird around here soon!

Back