Hey Gregg, you know what I can't find as a neck option?

rockskate4x

... an angled peghead and your warmoth pro truss rod side adjustment mechanism on the same neck!!! Hey guys, tell me you wouldn't do this if you found out it was an option...

Oh yeah and I want more of the straight peghead shapes to be angled.

Angled tele necks.... angled KWS necks.... angled CBS necks (the one I desire the most!)

rockskate4x said:
... an angled peghead and your warmoth pro truss rod side adjustment mechanism on the same neck!!! Hey guys, tell me you wouldn't do this if you found out it was an option...

Because angled headstock comes only with headstock truss-rod adjustment...

Why would you possibly want to route more wood out of the neck, to install a little eight-piece machine, when you can already adjust the neck from the top? It only make sense on a bottom adjust neck, and only for people who mind taking the neck off every few years, because that's only as often as you usually have to adjust a Pro neck. I wish they'd make them optional, for strength & tone reasons.... I can always buy a left-right neck to eliminate it I guess. They won't put them on bass necks, seven-strings or baritones, there must be a good reason.

rockskate4x said:
Oh yeah and I want more of the straight peghead shapes to be angled.

Angled tele necks.... angled KWS necks.... angled CBS necks (the one I desire the most!)

They'll make anything you want for a price.  Is an angled KWS much different than an Explorer?  Ditto what Stubhead said about the side adjust on an angled headstock.  What is the need for it?

You don't have to squeeze a wrench between the strings that way, and you also don't need string tees.

The KWS neck is very different from an explorer neck. If you see it on an explorer, I promise that you will cringe, because it is less like a blade and more like a hockey stick. The explorer neck is nice and angular to match the body, and the KWS is more like a big boomarang or something. I think they look great on strats and soloists...

rockskate4x said:
Well, haven't had THAT request before. Like the others mentioned, there's already an accessible top adjustment so it would be kind of weird to add another one on a tilt back. I would say the market demand would be pretty low for that one.

Superlizard said:
I want a truss-adjust in the form of a tuner on the headstock.

That's gonna be on the Gibson Robot Guitar version 2.0.  A self-adjusting truss rod to complement the self-intonating and tuning.  Before this gets taken seriously, no it isn't.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Superlizard said:
I want a truss-adjust in the form of a tuner on the headstock.

That's gonna be on the Gibson Robot Guitar version 2.0.  A self-adjusting truss rod to complement the self-intonating and tuning.  Before this gets taken seriously, no it isn't.
I'm still waiting on that one that does the fretwork by itself, along with changing pickups by itself.

By the way guys, I wasn't asking for anything ridiculous.... It sounded like two different trussrod adjustment mechanisms (headstock and side), but I only want the side one. I can see how having both would be somewhat difficult to engineer...

When you have an angled peghead, you can eliminate string tees. This is all very nice, but then there's that top truss rod adjustment. To get better access to that, the strings have to be spread apart, which causes problems at the nut of the guitar, unless your going with a locking nut, which I sure as heck ain't. Why can't that truss rod adjusment mechanism be put in the side instead, like all the straight peg head warmoth pros?

This way... you can have correct string alignment after the nut of the guitar for best tuning and setup without compromising for easy truss rod access.

rockskate4x said:

I wouldn't! I was glad when my (Warmoth headstock) neck arrived and didn't have the pro truss rod side adjustment mechanism. I don't like the looks... having a small hole on the side.

There are no possible way to have the side adjuster if the adjustment is already at the headstock. The side adjustment mechanism is basically a wedge between the truss rod nut and the truss rod, that means it needs to sit at the adjustment end. There are plenty of meat at the heel but not at the headstock. Besides whats the point if you can already adjust the thing at the headstock. Now if you were to have an angled peghead with adjustment at the heel this might be possible.

I have the side adjust on my strat neck... and even after following the instructions on the site.. I still have no idea how to work it properly.

Back