heres my idea any recommendations?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Max said:
I think the general opinion here is that EMG's sound "Sterile".  :)
SrDeMaFp said:
As it is damn-near everywhere on this here innurwebz. I, personally, love EMG's. I say go for it, dude. I'd go 89 in the neck and 81TW in the bridge.

I've got an 89 in the neck and 89R in the bridge.  I almost never use the single coil mode in the bridge.

This is actually the first time I've heard of anybody even using an 89R. I'm guessing the single coil sound ain't too great, eh?

rounce55 said:
can i put gold casing on emgs?

Actually, as a matter of fact you can but, it's pretty difficult and you could easily ruin your pup. I don't have the link off-hand but, an acquaintance form another board actually did this mod to retain a "Stock" look quite successfully.

SrDeMaFp said:
This is actually the first time I've heard of anybody even using an 89R. I'm guessing the single coil sound ain't too great, eh?

As you know, the 89 (in humbucking mode) is basically an 85.  In single coil mode, it is the SA.  The "R" in 89R means reverse.  It's the same pickup, but with the opposite coil being activated in SC mode.  It just allows me to do the outermost coils on both pickups.  The 89R is now discontinued.  As far an an 85 (or 89 in HB mode) in the bridge positon, the Steve Lukather pre-wired pickguard (also discontinued) and Steve Lukather sig. model EB MM uses one.  And, in this group, someone made the educated guess and observation that switching the 85 to bridge and 81 (the Zakk Wylde set) to neck sounds better.

rounce55 said:
y brittle and im looking for a very bight sound

Then think about a all ebony neck... Brightest than the brightest bright  :icon_biggrin:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&menuItem=1&itemNumber=SN5855&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&neckWood_filter=28,29

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage/sh55_seth_lover/

application
Ultra-authentic, Alnico 2, P.A.F.-type humbucker. Great for country, jazz, blues and classic rock.

description
Designed jointly by Seymour and humbucker inventor, the late Seth Lover. Just like the original 1955 P.A.F.s, the SH-55 utilizes a nickel silver cover and long-legged nickel silver bottom plate, butyrate plastic bobbins, plain enamel wire, Alnico 2 bar, wooden spacer, and black paper tape. To be completely true to the original design and tone, the pickup is not wax potted. The tone is vintage P.A.F. The unpotted cover gives a slightly "honky" microphonic quality. Vintage style single conductor cable standard.

complete setup
Mostly commonly used in a neck and bridge set. Can be used in the neck with an SH-11 Custom Custom for heavier rock sounds from the bridge position.

guitars
For brighter toned instruments. Works especially well with maple and ebony fingerboards. Not recommended for use with ultra high gain tube amplifiers over 50 watts.

available mods
Choose nickel or gold-plated cover. Four-conductor cable.

players
Joe Perry / Aerosmith (neck & bridge), Gary Rossington & Rickey Medlocke / Lynyrd Skynyrd (neck & bridge), Blues Saraceno, Dweezil Zappa, Sheryl Crow (neck & bridge), George Pajon Jr. / Black-Eyed Peas (neck & bridge), Steve Stevens (neck & bridge)

Back