Help with Telecaster Pickguard

Samhain

I have an HH telecaster that I’m wanting a new pickguard for but I’m unsure of which bridge route it needs.
It doesn’t have a tele bridge, it’s a Fender flat mount with the bridge pickup in a pickup ring.
Can anyone give me some advice?

What is the guitar? Does it currently have a pickguard? Or is it a pickup ring in the neck position as well? I don't think I've ever seen a Tele with a bridge "ringed" humbucker and a pickguard mounted neck humbucker. Is that really what you are looking for? Or are you looking for a pickguard that will go around the neck pickup ring? Can you post an image of the guitar?

What is the guitar? Does it currently have a pickguard? Or is it a pickup ring in the neck position as well? I don't think I've ever seen a Tele with a bridge "ringed" humbucker and a pickguard mounted neck humbucker. Is that really what you are looking for? Or are you looking for a pickguard that will go around the neck pickup ring? Can you post an image of the guitar?

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 19
So is the original pickguard non-warmoth?
And just to be clear you're not replacing the bridge with a humbucking tele bridge right?
Is the body warmoth? If the body is warmoth and you're looking for a new pickguard, I'd probably just take some measurements and call Warmoth on Monday, about whether the humbucker telebridge cut out would work, or the vintage. Pickguards are easy to fix with a little sand paper.

Okay. Yeah, that's definitely not something I've seen. Or maybe I have and not really had it "register" ... :).

I'm not sure what else to suggest other than what Rick has already mentioned. Thanks for the photo. That helps a lot.

I have to ask ... what's up with the extreme intonation adjustment on the low string?

Back