Help needed to ID body wood.

KKorina

Hi All,

New member here. Been looking at building a Warmoth for years.
What do you know, I order a Black Korina Strat body, then pickup a carved top soloist.... all in the same week.

One thing I can't figure out is what the body wood is? The top is quilted maple.

Here's a pic of the neck cavity/front pickup rout. It's the only place where I can see the body wood.
Thanks for any help.

soloist.jpg

I would guess Alder, but I've never a alder guitar on hand... sooooo :laughing7:
Think could be also a very light mahogany (not very usual), perhaps Korina, perhaps ash...

Looks like some kind of ash to me. Appears to be deep grain with lots of honey brown colors.

The grain doesn't really look like my tele, so I'm saying alder. My next vote would be ash, though

That looks like Ash to me, but i really don't know.

FWIW, here is a picture of the neck pocket on my Alder body.

Thanks to all for the help.

I tend to think the body is ash. Only because the grain lines seem to have some depth, in both color and feel.

Alder seems to have grain lines that are more smooth, not penetrating the wood as much. I could be totally wrong about the grain. Well, I guess it doesn't matter that much. Though the main reason I wanted to know was to pick out a neck that would go along with the tone of the body.
:rock-on:

Back