Help me decide what I need

jeffreywt

Right now, I'm in pretty good shape.

NFqwl.jpg

Alembic Europa 6 (Mahogany with Flame Maple top)
Ibanez RG (Fishwood, lol)
Fender 60's Classic Strat (MIM, Alder)
Warmoth Strat (Chambered Ash)

Yet, I have this burning in my pants to build another guitar.

I'd would like to eventually have:
A better metal axe (I like the ESP M-II a lot!)
A Telecaster
A Les Paul
ES-335 or 339 ($$$)
A Jazz Bazz, perhaps fretless

It pains me just to talk about it... how would you prioritize? Help me identify needs over wants. I play mostly guitar these days if that factors in.

:blob7:

More to the point, I think the answer depends on what you're playing more of:

If more bass, then get a J-bass.

If more guitar, what kinda music?  If metal, do the metalhead ESP_superstrat thing; if more rootsy, go Telecaster.

You need a nice acoustic, whatever style / sound works for you, big time. Roots music, and no acoustic? Metal, and no acoustic? How are you going to do 80s power ballads?  :party07:

I'd say go for an acoustic of a semi like a 339.

I played a Martin 15M yesterday that just sounded amazing. All mahogany construction & a really nice big fat singing clear tone.

D15M_m.jpg

You need my Jackson USA Select Series KV2.   :headbang1:

It's absolutely flawless, save for an abrasion by the strap button at the back of the neck from where the strap was attached.

The body has no dings, dents, scratches, or any other imperfections, save for the abrasion, which won't even show up in photos.

I have all documentation, tools, parts, etc., which include the truss rod adjustment wrench, plus the 2 allen wrenches.  I also have the inspection card and warranty card.

The fitted case has a few minor scuff marks on the exterior, but the interior is flawless.  I have the key for the locks.

If you're interested, let me know.  I have plenty of pics, but I don't want to start loading this thread up with pics, because I don't want to interrupt and hijack your thread.

As for the asking price, I'm entertaining reasonable offers.

IMAG0175.jpg

John F Mello

Get this guy to make you a custom acoustic.  His guitars are, bar none, the very best I've ever heard.  He uses classical building methods (fan bracing, no X like most mainstream acoustics) with steel strings and shallower bodies; the result is an amazing degree of volume, color, and definition you just don't hear in Martins and Taylors.

Back