Hello Kitty: Don't Hate Me Because I'm Stupid.

whitebison66

Couldn't resist.

Besides, Hello Kitty whips women into a frenzy here.

Maybe I'm not so stupid after all...

Um, okay, so you're in Japan and really having a hard time getting chicks, and besides it's ironic, and.............yeah.
Um, looks like it'll really shred. I say, stay true to your vision, and don't listen to the haters, man.
This would be a great song to play on it:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd0edT-BeE[/youtube]

I'm in Hong Kong, but the mania is equivalent.  I gotta go to Osaka in July for work, and I am petrified to set foot in a music store. The credit card will melt.

I bought the parts from a forum member and added the pickups, bridge/nut, p/g and strap.

It has SS6105 frets, and the neck is an R5 standard thin. I am used to 1 3/4" boatnecks and SS6115s, but this thing does shred ridiculously, and it's less than 24 hours old. What I mean is that it's settling in very quickly.

Also, for anyone with a floating trem, I strongly recommend the Schaller Sure Claw. It's SO NICE to adjust spring tension with an Allen wrench and makes setting up the floaters a breeze (relatively speaking).

The bridge is a Duncan Pearly Gates Plus, and it's really amazing. I've recently given up on high-output pickups (though there's a Duncan Designed Scorcher under the pickguard) and single-digit output pickups just sound better to my (aging) ears.

The knob has the push-pull selector from an LTD Kamikaze I added a 5-way to when I repainted it in 7-11 colors...

Hmmmmmmm... I think I'll play it some more!

hahaha that's a riot. Gotta admit, I considered Daisy Rock guitars before just cause I thought it'd be funny. Kudos to you

jack your one to talk. anyway asia is a strange place where you don't need to be a pre-teen to like hello kitty. cartoon characters are on everything. it's really bizarre.

It's TOTALLY bizarre. I think it originated in Japan, with 'kawai' or 'cute culture.' I'm starting to adjust to it, but for a long time watching J-Pop videos made me feel like a pedophile. Then again, Chinese R&B vids are hilarious too, because

A) These Hos (Ho is actually a last name here, I'm not being pejorative) ain't got no ass to shake.

and

B) They would never do the things their dancing suggests.

It's a confusing place to live, believe me.

This guitar probably won't get me laid, but it might make a gaggle of girls titter.

Which is the next best thing.  :headbang:

i heard hong kong was a cool place. i'm out in the sticks in northern japan, hopefully i'll travel to tokyo and who knows where else later this month.
you should totally get a swamp ash or maple topped body like in you original post and dye it all pink. that would be hilarious.

Me, I'll always be a sucker for the classics...

krazykatsample.jpg

The neck is really amazing; AAA birdseye is worth it.

If they had pickguards of other characters, I might've done it. I just saw these Squiers and found them hilarious. The necks were just too small and I guess, being a child of the 80s, that you can't have a hot pink, single-hum guitar WITHOUT a Floyd...

I may someday get a 'real' pink one, but for now this will have to do.

I'm talking about guitars, you weirdos.

i'll have to take pictures at the local guitar store, if that is ok with them. yes they have a hello kitty squire, they also had a couple other strange ones, not squires.

Hey, that's a cool guitar!  :toothy10:

Dare to be different...now excuse me while I go check out my Mojo Jojo guitar...

:party07:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080519/ap_on_fe_st/japan_hello_kitty

You're ahead of the curve.

If anyone has, or knows where to find, one of those Kitty pick guards, I'd love to get one for a special project.

Sixbender said:
If anyone has, or knows where to find, one of those Kitty pick guards, I'd love to get one for a special project.

Check eBay... I haven't seen the pick guard there, but I did see the Kitty straps.

Back