Hello all

lmiller

Hi all,

I just found this board. Great place. I did my first Warmoth build about 2 months ago. A Tele with the Gotoh fixed bridge, Planet Waves Auto-trim tuners, Fender SNC noiseless pickups. Quilted maple top and the best figured birdseye maple neck I've ever seen. I've compared it to several Fender teles - Custom, American Standard, etc.. - and there is no comparision. My guitar plays better and sounds better than any of them. I picked this body and neck from the Showcase. Green Burst to match my Boogie Lonestar. I can't wait to do the next build.

Oh God!!!! That neck is INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!  :evil4:

"Give it to me, I must have it...."
:icon_jokercolor:

Congrats! Great build!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. And, the thing is that the picture doesn't even begin to do justice to how great that neck looks. When I saw it in the Showcase pix I thought it was cool, but when I pulled it out the box I was just floored. I have a Wolfgang with a birdseye maple neck and it doesn't begin to compare. Warmoth's wood is just spectacular. And I have to say, I just love the Planet Wave Auto-trim tuners. Very precise and the "trim" feature is great. Just stick in the string, lock it down and start winding. It cuts that sucker right off... 

I just got the Boogie (after waiting 4 months for the custom shop to finish it) in Jan. I love it. It's great for country, blues, jazz and "classic" rock. But, it's not a Dual Recto, so for the heavier stuff I still use my JSX with a Marshal 1960AV Vintage 4 x 12.

- Larry

Back