Headstock decal

bass917

Hey guys, got my new neck in the mail the other day and i want to apply a water slide decal. Ive seen a few put on without finish over the top and the edge stands out like dogs ****s, so i want to spray some nitro over the top and blend the edge. My neck is finished in clear satin nitro, so my question is, what is the best match to the warmoth finish in a spray can? Do you have a favorite brand etc and also will the finish age differently to the rest of the neck?
Cheers guys.

bass917 said:
Hey guys, got my new neck in the mail the other day and i want to apply a water slide decal. Ive seen a few put on without finish over the top and the edge stands out like dogs ****s, so i want to spray some nitro over the top and blend the edge. My neck is finished in clear satin nitro, so my question is, what is the best match to the warmoth finish in a spray can? Do you have a favorite brand etc and also will the finish age differently to the rest of the neck?
Cheers guys.

I have used Watco, a division of Rust-Oleum Corp, Clear Satin with no problems and good results. Shouldn't be any reason they would age differently. The finish on your neck isn't very old yet. Patience is the key and Good Luck. 

PhilHill said:
I have used Watco, a division of Rust-Oleum Corp, Clear Satin with no problems and good results. Shouldn't be any reason they would age differently. The finish on your neck isn't very old yet. Patience is the key and Good Luck.
Plus 1 on the Watco, although I've only used it on bare wood. Also recommend Minwax satin. Both do an excellent job burying headstock decals. Just follow the instructions you can find on the Rothko & Frost website.

How does the Watco spray lacquer compare to the StewMac or Reranch product? Anyone know?

Seamas said:
How does the Watco spray lacquer compare to the StewMac or Reranch product? Anyone know?
Can't help with that one. I always used Minwax, but last time I went to buy it, local distro was out, so I picked up the Watco. Both good products. I might say I like the Minwax a little better, but if you asked me why, i really couldn't tell you.  :icon_scratch:

Back