Heads Up strap

Not a bad idea. I guess if the guitar is light enough that you've got neck dive problems, you probably wouldn't suffer for the added weight in the strap.

thats cool. i like this solution much more than throwing weights into the guitar's control cavity. might try these for my tele deluxe, i've had a bit of a problem playing it while standing. plus it looks like it could easily be made into a normal strap by just popping the weights back out of it

Pardon me for saying so, but this seems like an incredibly dumb way to solve this problem. The example they use is the SG, which, in my opinion, has a body that's slightly overweight but not as bad as most guitars, and a neck that's massively overweight. So their solution is to make the body massively overweight in order to compensate. That's like losing a foot in an accident and then cutting the other one off to cure the ensuing limp.

Kadmium said:
Pardon me for saying so, but this seems like an incredibly dumb way to solve this problem. The example they use is the SG, which, in my opinion, has a body that's slightly overweight but not as bad as most guitars, and a neck that's massively overweight. So their solution is to make the body massively overweight in order to compensate. That's like losing a foot in an accident and then cutting the other one off to cure the ensuing limp.
+1

yeah. tie a couple helium balloons to your headstock and call it good.  :icon_jokercolor:

seriously, though . . .

I've been doing this for years.  Just take an old trem block and gaff tape it to that part of your strap.  It looks a little road dogish, but it works!

Another trick that works is putting a Dunlop strap lock on, because where the strap attaches is farther away from the body than a typical strap button or Schaller type strap lock.  You'd be very surprised to see how much that extra 1/2" of extension helps with balancing a guitar, especially a tele.  And you can't use two Dunlops, because it'll just balance out.  You have to use one Schaller on the butt, and then one Dunlop closest to the headstock.

Back