Has Anyone Tried the Gotoh 510fx-6 bridge?

Rick

Epic Member
https://g-gotoh.com/product/510fx-6/?lang=en

it seems to be a version of a hipshot bridge, but the bridge plate bottom seems a little thicker.

510FX-6-BS.jpg

Eyeballing the technical drawing in Photoshop, the floor height actually looks thinner (~2mm/.78" whereas the Hipshot is 1.25" or 1.75"), but what also matters is how high the saddles sit, they appear to sit be raised further off the floor. But none of those specs are given.

It looks like a good bridge. It should be compatible with the Warmoth American Standard Flatmount rout.

It would be useful if they provided more information on the Gotoh or others websites. I suspect at the moment as it is quite new there is not much more into out there.

I showed Gotoh-san these pics and this is what he said ...

"It is not an exact match, but as far as I can see from Karaham's drawing, it seems that it can be replaced because it is a difference of about an error.
To be on the safe side, please check the dimensional drawings on the product page of our website for yourself."  His english is a lot better than my japanese.

I think what he means is a difference due to rounding, rather than error.

I'm going to try it on my next build with the American Standard flat mount rout.  What's the worst that can happen?  I've split about half the price in beer in one evening and I'll have an extra bridge.

Attachments

• American std Bridge .25 inches.GIF
    American std Bridge .25 inches.GIF
    171.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Amrerican Std Bridge Rout Warmoth.GIF
    Amrerican Std Bridge Rout Warmoth.GIF
    120 KB · Views: 99
  • American Std Bridge Warmoth.GIF
    American Std Bridge Warmoth.GIF
    77 KB · Views: 88
  • gotoh 510fx-6 bridge.GIF
    gotoh 510fx-6 bridge.GIF
    23.1 KB · Views: 86
Looks like there may be a reasonable chance of it fitting. Let us know how you get on Rick.

Can you take a close up with your potato?  But that is great news that someone here tried it successfully! Cheers.

Bridge on a Warmoth strat body with American standard flat mount rout, fits perfectly. It's a nice bridge i would recommend it.

Attachments

• KIMG0083.JPG
    KIMG0083.JPG
    837.5 KB · Views: 125
Back