Hard Cases...

Cagey shipped me a finished guitar cross country in a SKB 66 case and it arrived in perfect condition after five or more days in transit and handling. I've looked no further, not unless you are needing the next step up for regular fly in gigs.

Hard Cases?

Made-in-Britain.png

You've just reminded me, I need to pick up one of these for my home storage needs:

am-64687.jpg

ARMOURDILLO, Very lightweight, wouldn't dream of trusting it to baggage handlers, it's more of a square, well padded gig bag,

Picked up a Pro66. It looks like it should work well (at least for UPS). Thanks again for everyone's time and input.

Fits like a glove too.

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 442
I bought a Hiscox ProII Strat / Tele  casefor close to 300 bucks. A purchase I totally regret given my budget. Way too much overkill for anything I have. ;

[youtube]https://youtu.be/C0jbDM2MOxs?list=RDC0jbDM2MOxs&t=19[/youtube]

HISCOX LITEFLITE PRO-II SPECIFICATION;

STD-ELECTRIC-1-wh-1024x1024.jpg

Original Liteflite construction.
Outer shell increased to nominal 2.0mm* thick. This increase in outer shell thickness doubles the impact/puncture resistance of the outer shell compared to our standard range.
Extra catch fitted on guitar range (not applicable on Pro-II saxophone cases).
Steel ‘D’ rings fitted for strap fixing.
Soft foam cushion padding fitted at key areas around the instrument for extra shock protection (not applicable to Pro-II electric, bass and electro-acoustic guitar cases).
*Shell thickness quoted is the raw sheet thickness before moulding. The thickness of the finished shell varies depending upon the moulded shape.

Don't resent it. Nice things are easy to take. Enjoy it. A good case is a wonderful thing, and not something you'll have to replace later on. You can cross it off the list of things you need or wish you had.

The pro is unnecessary I think. I have the regular version and it is already super tough, and lighter, which means easier to carry.  The only thing I prefer on the pro is the strap rings.

Amazing cases though. Really really good.

Traveled around the world (on separate occasions from the US to Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, France and Switzerland) with these cases (or something like them): 1SKB-SC66, 1SKB-6 and Ovation 8158.  Guitars always came home safe so take your pick.  Don't get something too big and heavy; you'll want to shoot yourself.  Insist on gate checking your gear.  Good luck.

I have a "Studiologic Flightcase" that I picked up ages ago used, and I absolutely love it. It's helf/bulk is about on par with an SKB shaped molded case, but the inside of the plastic is ribbed for strength and I think it gives much better protection. Fits all of my strat and tele-shaped guitars, even my G&L with the extra long headstock.

studiologic-sl-10-guitar-case_360_76beab113ea30f09252b0dc3e4781fdb.jpg

They're not made any more though :(. But here's one for sale used with a bonus pink guitar included:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-ME515-First-Act-Guitar-with-StudioLogic-Hard-Flight-Case-Beginners-Guitar/331853094420?hash=item4d43fc5e14:g:fkwAAOSwl-FXMmmZ

Back