Happy then sad...

timanator

After seeing the new Warmoth video and seeing the AANJ finally offered in parts, I immediately contact their support for details. It was a sad moment when they said for the AANJ body/neck, there will be no options :( No neck profile, fret or bridge options.

I guess what they say is right, life is a series of ups and downs. The highs and lows, and the wait at the bottom continues...

I get that. While I have liked some of the limited releases they’ve had, I know I’m way too picky about those options. The lack of options is what will prevent me from getting any of them. Same goes for practically everything in the showcase. I don’t even bother getting excited about them anymore.

I get that. While I have liked some of the limited releases they’ve had, I know I’m way too picky about those options. The lack of options is what will prevent me from getting any of them. Same goes for practically everything in the showcase. I don’t even bother getting excited about them anymore.
Yep. I would have been all over the Black and Gold if they didn’t package it with righteous sound pickups. I would order a regal with that setup if I could spec it for P90s!

Yep. I would have been all over the Black and Gold if they didn’t package it with righteous sound pickups.

I agree with all that. I’m a big fan of P90’s. I did order a righteous sound P90 for my build. Or, I should say, it’s one of the four. I honestly know very little about Righteous. It was more about having a few to try out, since I’ve only ever played the big G’s P90’s (or some generic tripe).

Do you not like their pickups, the company, or is it the idea of not having a choice in the matter?

Last edited:
I agree with all that. I’m a big fan of P90’s. I did order a righteous sound P90 for my build. Or, I should say, it’s one of the four. I honestly know very little about Righteous. It was more about having a few to try out, since I’ve only ever played the big G’s P90’s (or some generic tripe).

Do you not like their pickups, the company, or is it the idea of not having a choice in the matter?
I wouldn’t have put gold pearloid on the pickup covers. I’m sure they’re fine - most pickups are - but Warmoth went too far for my tastes by having everything matchy-matchy.

It seems disappointing if you can't get custom specs for Warmoth's "AANJ". I figure that most people buying from Warmoth want to choose their own custom specs, so I'm curious about the reasons for this.

Last edited:
Isn't the current offer part of a special run, which usually do not have options. So it is not as though the AANJ Meadowhawk or Redshifters have yet been offered as custom offerings.
I could be wrong, there is only 1 aanj offered so far, and that was a complete guitar. Really was hoping for some spec options :(

Maybe it has to do with Warmoth wanting to control the "Limitedness" of their Limited Edition offerings? But now that I think about it, that only makes sense when they are complete guitars like the Black & Gold. I don't know. They can release them all at once when they don't allow any options. But once again, is that really the type of customer that Warmoth has??? When I think Warmoth, I think completely and utterly CUSTOM. Are there "Warmoth Collectors", that will always buy some limited release to have it hanging on the wall like a $40,000 Gibson 335 from the 60's???

Maybe I only speak for myself. 🤔

My bare minimum is a nut width option. I don't like narrow necks. If that option is taken away, I wouldn't bother putting a Warmoth together. At all. Just being honest. I could simply get a Suhr or Resophonic that doesn't give me a nut width option and ALLOWS me to get any neck I want as long as it has a Maple shaft!!! Because THAT is Custom! Pfft... :rolleyes:

I could be wrong, there is only 1 aanj offered so far, and that was a complete guitar. Really was hoping for some spec options :(

The Meadowhawk and Redshifters were both released as a limited run a couple of years ago for the Warmoth 40th Anniversary. What is on offer now is also a limited run of "rainbow" walnut one of which happens to be a Meadowhawk which has an AANJ.

@vernschrock Warmoth offer multiple options as their main business, and they also do limited runs occasionally, which are offered as they are with paint, wood, or features not generally available and are generally snapped up quickly.

If the Redshifter and Meadowhawk models were ever offered as models you can custom order, I am certain they would come with a range of options.

Warmoth offer multiple options as their main business, and they also do limited runs occasionally, which are offered as they are with paint, wood, or features not generally available and are generally snapped up quickly.
I know, I was just trying to dissect through the thinking behind it. And merely expressing that the limited runs aren’t for me. While I appreciate that they put them out, and they use some gorgeous woods, I know myself well enough to not seriously think of ordering one because they are complete and un-optionable. But it’s awesome for anyone that has no problems with the configurations. 👍

After seeing the new Warmoth video and seeing the AANJ finally offered in parts, I immediately contact their support for details. It was a sad moment when they said for the AANJ body/neck, there will be no options :( No neck profile, fret or bridge options.

I guess what they say is right, life is a series of ups and downs. The highs and lows, and the wait at the bottom continues...

Just to be clear, an AANJ is not being "offered in parts", and never has been. The only time we have ever done it was on Meadowhawk and Redshifter limited runs. They have never been offered any other way, on anything else.

I would love an AANJ option on parts as much as anyone else, but this:

Damn, sucks the only other choice is some gaudy Jcustom offering.
???

don't virtually all the S series ibbys have the aanj? it's def not a j custom exclusive

Edit: I take it back, virtually all ibanez models at large have their aanj, even down to the GIO line lol

maybe the "super aanj" is limited to j models, idk

???

don't virtually all the S series ibbys have the aanj? it's def not a j custom exclusive

Edit: I take it back, virtually all ibanez models at large have their aanj, even down to the GIO line lol

maybe the "super aanj" is limited to j models, idk
Quality of material and neck profiles. There is a wide variety of even the wizard profile that they offered over the years.

Quality of material and neck profiles. There is a wide variety of even the wizard profile that they offered over the years.
huh? we were talkin bout the aanj, not the profiles or wood.

i generally understand what the #differences are between most of the product lines, but the aanj, which again is what we were taking about specifically, seems to be pretty universally applicated to ibby models

like how only certain targets have the monster in the back some select team members get to feed to make it birth the all target balls (high end stores, ie the prestige and jcustoms) but every target makes employees wear red polo's (aanj)

huh? we were talkin bout the aanj, not the profiles or wood.

i generally understand what the #differences are between most of the product lines, but the aanj, which again is what we were taking about specifically, seems to be pretty universally applicated to ibby models

like how only certain targets have the monster in the back some select team members get to feed to make it birth the all target balls (high end stores, ie the prestige and jcustoms) but every target makes employees wear red polo's (aanj)
U can have more choices! Thats why we like Warmoth?

Are there "Warmoth Collectors", that will always buy some limited release to have it hanging on the wall like a $40,000 Gibson 335 from the 60's???
I don’t know, but the limited runs do sell out pretty quickly. Seems like Warmoth knows their market.

Warmoth doesn’t deal in the custom market. They have plenty of options, but that’s not the same thing. If you want custom, find a custom luthier. They’re everywhere.

I actually beg to differ. That is what ultimately led me to Warmoth in the first place. Most of the “custom luthiers” I found are actually doing little more than putting parts together, whether from Warmoth or some other parts company. Hell, some of their custom options list look like it’s directly pulled from Warmoth’s website.

Like I mentioned before, if I can only get a neck in certain widths, profiles, radius, woods, etc, you’re not making custom, you are buying necks in bulk, and assembling parts. I can do that myself. In fact, I HAVE made necks from scratch, by hand!!! Trust me, it’s no where near the same thing.

I only came across one company that truly makes custom guitars, where every single part and dimension can be altered and adjusted to your preferences. Benedetto Guitars. Their prices and lead times reflect that as well!!!

A good rule of thumb, if ask your custom luthier to build you a guitar in an oddball scale length, like 24.0625”, and they suddenly start balking or just go silent, you have your answer. Not that I would want that scale length, or would I…??? 🤔

Back