Happy Happy, Joy Joy

PhilHill

I figure this should go here as I just unpacked them. My latest victims have arrived, two, count 'em, two planks of Ribbon-Stripe Sapele. 8/4 thick, 50in long and 8 1/2in wide. Cost me about $130.00 USD with tax and shipping. However I can probably get at least 3 bodies out of this, or 2 bodies and some drop tops. My endorphin is break dancing, I are happy happy.  Now I just have to prepare my arm for crosscutting it. No table saw, nephew has circular saw, this stuff will laugh at my jig saw. Sooooooooooooooooo japanese pull saw it is. ...........I will constantly remind myself of how much I love doing this stuff.......................... :laughing7: :sad1: :laughing7: :sad1:

ONe2qK.jpg

qevBTj.jpg

. Of course first, I have to finish this some more...

K7DiNr.jpg

vzjGXy.jpg

gDQ8eF.jpg

.............. :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

I see you escaped from your therapy thread. Which is probably a good thing...make some sawdust  :laughing7:

stratamania said:
I see you escaped from your therapy thread. Which is probably a good thing...make some sawdust  :laughing7:

I'm afraid my Counseler will be busy for awhile. Said something about having to see a psychiatrist. I'm not sure why, I thought our sessions were going rather well.......... :dontknow:

very swanky, that neck heel cut is awesome, most of my guitars have it. It started with Charvel/Jackson, and I've been having it done to any custom guitar i have made.... :icon_thumright:
5149413093_03682e1078_z.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
very swanky, that neck heel cut is awesome, most of my guitars have it. It started with Charvel/Jackson, and I've been having it done to any custom guitar i have made.... :icon_thumright:

Thanks. I wanted to continue the angle on the edges around the heel cut. But I don't have a bit that will do it without going freehand cut, and I'm not inclined to try that. So I had to use a radius bit and a template then blend the two together at the ends. Still have a little more blending to do......... :headbang:

PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:

Thanks. I wanted to continue the angle on the edges around the heel cut. But I don't have a bit that will do it without going freehand cut, and I'm not inclined to try that. So I had to use a radius bit and a template then blend the two together at the ends. Still have a little more blending to do......... :headbang:
I think it's an awesome touch, the only other I've seen, aside from a custom here and there is Charvel/Jackson that does it...Plus it does cut down on the chunky heel... :icon_thumright:

Back