Happy Father's Day to me! (And anyone else!)

My wife waited until today to let me have the hunk of wood in the pic - it was an "extra present" (....that I bought :icon_scratch:).  So far, all I have is the body blank, bridge & tuners, but the rest will be ordered shortly. I would have ordered the neck already, but Rush is playing at the Gorge in a few weeks, and I managed to convince my wife to go out there for our anniversary trip.  :guitarplayer2:  Had to buy her off with an extra day at a B&B, but more than worth it.  :icon_biggrin:

The blank is 1 piece of big leaf maple - 2" thick!  Currently, it's 11 lbs, so I'll have a lot of carving, scraping, hacking, routing, sawing, etc (along with much practice on scrap wood prior) before it's ready to play.

The plan is to hollow out the sides for a thinline/chambered Firebird, then I'll be grabbing this for a top.  At least initially, the electronics will consist of this and this, and nothing else. (Well, maybe this as well.)  After much review over lots of other projects on teh webz, I kept thinking this was the most interesting, and the easiest to change later if I wanted different electronics.  :toothy10:

Anyone else get any fun loot from the wife & kids?

Attachments

• DSC_3283.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 492
Couldn't wait any longer: ordered the neck today.  It was quite a bit pricier than I expected, but for getting exactly what I want, it's worth it.  Now to wait for a couple months before it gets done & shipped to me....

Death by 6 Lines of Uber Dangerous Goat Members said:
I got ticks to the Foo here in Calgary.

Coincidentally, the last place I saw Rush was at the Saddledome, back in 'ought two!

Back