Happy Birthday....The Aaron!!!!

The Aaron said:
Just saw this.....thanks for the kind words everybody!

No guitar stuff for my bday. I got a fancy smart watch, so I spent all yesterday having phone conversations on my wrist like Dick Tracy!
Happy Birthday late dude :eek:ccasion14: Love the videos and your approach to dealing with the forum. Now...explain who Dick Tracy is for everybody who is less than 50 :laughing7: I'm old enough to get the reference.

I'm 50. I know who Dick Tracy is but he was quite a bit before my time. He was just some dude with a smart watch, back when that was mind boggling science fiction.

Happy B Day Aaron.

Turned 54 last month, I know Dick Tracy--but never read that strip in the newspaper funnies. It always struck me as something out of an oddball timewarp. Brenda Starr too.

I can still do the things I did in my 20's....it just hurts more. In my house we have taken to calling Ibuprofen "Vitamin I".

Explaining Dick Tracy to young people is a fool's errand. You have to explain that is was a comic strip. Then you have to explain that comic strips were like really short comic books with only four or five frames that appeared in the funny pages. Then you have to explain that the funny pages were a section in the newspaper, but only on Sundays, because only Sunday got to be in full color. Then you have to explain what a newspaper is.

They still had comics during the week, they just saved their best material for the Sunday color panels.

calvinhobbescolora.gif

I turned 67 at the end of March. I feel soooo sorry for you OLD guys in your 50's....................... :laughing7:

PhilHill said:
I turned 67 at the end of March. I feel soooo sorry for you OLD guys in your 50's....................... :laughing7:
:laughing11:

You've just had time to get used to it.... :laughing8:

The Aaron said:
I can still do the things I did in my 20's....it just hurts more. In my house we have taken to calling Ibuprofen "Vitamin I".

Explaining Dick Tracy to young people is a fool's errand. You have to explain that is was a comic strip. Then you have to explain that comic strips were like really short comic books with only four or five frames that appeared in the funny pages. Then you have to explain that the funny pages were a section in the newspaper, but only on Sundays, because only Sunday got to be in full color. Then you have to explain what a newspaper is.

Explaining rotary phones to youngunz is also a fools errand...

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Explaining rotary phones to youngunz is also a fools errand...

So....you're saying it's 20 cents per minute, so we can only afford to talk for half an hour?

And where is the camera?

DangerousR6 said:
PhilHill said:
:laughing11:

You've just had time to get used to it.... :laughing8:

:laughing11: :laughing11:
More like time to realize it's hopeless, might as well get used to it....................... :headbang:

DangerousR6 said:
Yip, I'll be 54 this year, Ibuprofen becomes a good friend in the 50's....Happy birthday.. :icon_thumright:

I'll be 62 this year, and yeah. I buy Ibuprofen by the jug.

Congratulations, Aaron! You made the trip around the sun one more time!

Ya know, out east in the maritimes, they talk about 'Vitamin K'.  What they mean is Keith's India Pale Ale (of course!):

61pPSAm6HKL._AC_SX425_.jpg

So, back on topic, Let's all hoist one or more 'Vitamin K's in honour of the Aaron!

Back