Half-moth Upgrades/better pics (Warmoth blue quilt, BGP neck, Ebony/bone bridge)

Very nice!  I like the bridge a lot.

Also the neck looks good with BLO on it, I thought the oil would give a higher gloss finish, but that looks nice and natural.  How much BLO did you put on?  I expect just a quick wipe as it would not soak into the burnishing.

Death by Uberschall said:
Check out BURN UNIT & BLUE

DBU, your guitars never cease to bring this expression. You have exquisite tastes in guitars, and pickups!

Attachments

• Christian Bale ooh.jpg
    Christian Bale ooh.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 341
KrisRichmond said:
Very nice!  I like the bridge a lot.

Also the neck looks good with BLO on it, I thought the oil would give a higher gloss finish, but that looks nice and natural.  How much BLO did you put on?  I expect just a quick wipe as it would not soak into the burnishing.

Thanks! Well, the amount is always gonna be surprisingly small. But, I used more that a quick wipe. For the back of the neck, I really made sure it soaked in evenly by rubbing it in with my fingertips. I buffed it like crazy (white tshirt rags from Ace) and sanded it with 2000 grit one more time after it was dry. It's very smooth. For the headstock, I used a foam paint brush and quickly wiped in on evenly and then buffed it dry. I didn't want the oil to soak too much through the thin rosewood headstock overlay. The headstock back is only sanded to 1200 grit (the overlay was sanded very fine by BGP and didn't need more). As for the fretboard, it has only received light amounts of lemon oil when it was set up. I highly recommend an oil finish and fine-sanded maple neck!

:eek:ccasion14:

LushTone said:
Check out BURN UNIT & BLUE

DBU, your guitars never cease to bring this expression. You have exquisite tastes in guitars, and pickups!

See, now you're making me blush,....  :)

Oh I forgot, AFTERBURNER is maple/mahogany too.

I call em as I see em. Yea, it's a deadly combination for sure. The black finish just compliments that guitar so well. :headbang:

Back