H-S-S wiring with LP control route.

Caisa

Hi, I will modifiy my HxH pickup config to a H-S-S (humbucker bridge ans Strat singlecoil middle/neck) but I really have no Idea how to do that with the LP Controls. Any ideas?

You have to give us more details such as the type of pickup switch (whether Gibson style toggle switch or Strat type blade switch) and volume/tone configurations (4 knob Vol-Tone Vol-Tone) on the present HB x HB set up.

Hi, standart 3way toggle switch and 4 pots (no current setup, everything is possible) it is also possible to get push pull pots.

why not a 5 way rotary switch, 1 master volume, 1 master tone and 1 pot for a piezo, and one pot as push pull for coiltap of the bridgepickup?

just a thought.

Check out this thread posted here in November 2008  ( http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=5598.0  ) which addressed the same issue you asked.

Do remember, if you go for individual volume pots for each pickup, try to use 250k pots for single coils and a 500k pot for the humbucker.

What do you think about 2 blend pots? The first one to blend in the Middle Strat PU, the second to blend the bridge PU from singlecoil to humbucker. The 3 way switch will work normally neck/neck+bridge/bridge. The two other pots wil be master volume and master tone.

Any comments?

Anyone who can give me some wiring infos?

Just hook up the guitar like the schematic I have linked you to a previous thread in this forum. Each pickup can be blended into any mix by increasing or lowering its volume.

For example :

1.  With the toggle switch on neck pickup, roll up the middle volume to blend in for single coil "quack".
2.  With the toggle switch in the middle position, roll up the middle to have all three pickups on.
3.  With the toggle switch on the bridge pickup, roll up the middle volume to blend in with the humbucker or single coil it it has been split.
4.  With the toggle switch in any position, roll off the volumes of the neck and bridge pickups and raise the volume of the middle to have it on.

Use a push-pull pot for the bridge volume control and follow the manufacturer's diagram to split the humbucker.

Back