GUITAR (or bass) OF THE MONTH: APRIL: owner finished

dmraco said:
DocNrock said:
Thanks Dan, but that was a Warmoth finished guitar.  I think this month was only for owner-finished guitars. 

yep.  does this thing get too confusing seperating them?  I just want to make sure the home finishers have a change against the warmoth pros.

Why not just have one owner finished and one Warmoth finished per month instead of alternating?

hannaugh said:
dmraco said:
DocNrock said:
Thanks Dan, but that was a Warmoth finished guitar.  I think this month was only for owner-finished guitars. 

yep.  does this thing get too confusing seperating them?  I just want to make sure the home finishers have a change against the warmoth pros.

Why not just have one owner finished and one Warmoth finished per month instead of alternating?

+1 far less confusing.

Oops sorry my bad!

Then I have to go with Dr Zoidberg's Strat

picture078le7.jpg

picture087xd2.jpg

Oh i thought it was recently, as in from last month... this contest is confusing.... or Alzheimer's is kicking in for me  :tard:

Blue313 said:
Oops sorry my bad!

Then I have to go with Dr Zoidberg's Strat

picture078le7.jpg

picture087xd2.jpg

I am not usually a fan of artwork on a guitar, but i am a big Futurama fan, so +1 to Dr. Zoidberg's Strat

Not very confusing at all, surely? This month it's user finished guitars, as clearly stated by dmraco, and no time limit was set.
That LPS would have been my first choice, dangit :)

I have to agree with Zoidberg, that is a piece of art, even though it is usually not my taste.
So I decided not to send in any of my guitars for nomination until Zoidberg or Troubled treble have won ;)

Sorry about my previous mistake everyone.  I have a lot going on personally and professionally, so I'm not firing on all cylinders by the time I get home.  :sad1:

Ok it's not completely finished yet but all major work is done all that is left is clear coating and polishing. This is my second acoustic guitar build. This was made from a LMI unserviced kit. For those familiar with LMI their unserviced kit consists of a box of wood and other parts required to make a guitar (truss rods, tuners, inlays, bindings, and what have you) and a bill of materials and blueprints. Back and sides are just thin pieces of wood that are about 1/8" thick and the right sizes needed for a guitar, top is same, and neck is a plank of wood. Only thing I had LMI do for me is slot and radius the fretboard. The easy part of acoustics is that painting is not as difficult since a clear coat will suffice in most cases, in the rare case that a sunburst top is done the complexity is just like any other electric guitar plus masking the binding and rosettes. Only thing to watch out for is keeping the film thin to avoid sucking the tone.

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

To view more pictures please click here: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/rahimiiii/second%20acoustic/

i will be setting up the voting on wed.  I hope to get a few more entrees/

Back