GUITAR (or bass) OF THE MONTH: APRIL: owner finished

dmraco

Master Member
I am going to give this a shot....please be patient while I work out the kinks.

This is the guitar of the month contest for April.  Submissions will run from April 1st until the 7th.  I will except the 1st 10 entrees on a 1st come 1st served basis.  To be fair I will alternate every month between owner and Warmoth finished.  When the submissions are in, I will post a poll for everyone to vote.

Please post no more than two photos of the guitar, front and back, and give a brief description.

This month is for OWNER FINISHED ONLY

GOOD LUCK!

Great idea, but why owner and Warmoth finished?
I could not care in the slightest, so long as it looks good.
Am i missing a point somewhere?

line6man said:
Great idea, but why owner and Warmoth finished?
I could not care in the slightest, so long as it looks good.
Am i missing a point somewhere?

Because this is DM's thread, that's why...... :laughing8:

this was covered in an additional thread.  I wanted to give props to those who applied their own finish.  Having done both my own finish and having WARMOTH do it for me, each presents their own challanges.  I figure we will have 6 Warmoth finish winners and 6 Owner finish winners, all will compete are the end of the year for GUITAR OF THE YEAR!!!!   (insert fanfare here!!!!) :hello2: :hello2:

Next month will be WARMOTH finished guitars.

Not to sound argumentative, but why not just run 2 guitars of the month? One owner finished and one Warmoth finished.

If we are to have a guitar of the month contest, no Warmoth guitar should be excluded...

I hear you.  I am trying to make it easier.  To run two pools at the same time may be a little labor intensive.  NO guitars will be excluded.  Just think of it as them having their own special month.  I figure 6 months of Warmoth finishes and 6 months of owner finishes is fair.  12 total winners with 6 in each category.

Plus if I can get buy in from an admin, I would like to post the winner on the homepage.  TO have two winners each month is a bit much..

Are we making it a rule that you can't vote for yourself?  Cause, I can see everyone voting for themselves and it becoming a really big tie.  Also, if like 75 members put in their guitars, are we gonna have semi-finals?  Or should we run it like where you have to be nominated by someone else?

of course you can vote for your self....ONCE!  We are limiting it to TEN guitars each month.  Once you win...you cannot enter that guitar again.

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I nominate the green LPS somewhere on this site I saw.

this is going to be a long standing event...hopefully.  folks will several changes to enter.

however if you feel so strongly about nominating someone, and can post a front and rear photo of their guitar or bass...go for it.

Please do not post links to other threads.

I nominate edwing206's lps, in that case.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

For being only 17, I think an outstanding job was done.

Thanks Dan, but that was a Warmoth finished guitar.  I think this month was only for owner-finished guitars. 

DocNrock said:
Thanks Dan, but that was a Warmoth finished guitar.  I think this month was only for owner-finished guitars. 

Meh, i say we start with Warmoth, then do owner-finished.
Just my 2 cents though.

DocNrock said:

yep.  does this thing get too confusing seperating them?  I just want to make sure the home finishers have a change against the warmoth pros.

Back