Guitar assembly

vinirosa

Hi, I'm about to order a tele body and some guitar hardware (bridge, pickups, knobs, etc...).

Since it's the first time I order hardware parts and body at the same time, does anybody know if Warmoth will send me the guitar with all the hardware installed? OR I'm the one who is suppose to install the bridge and pickups?

Thanks!

That's for you to do--or hire someone to do it for you.
If you are reasonably handy it is a great project to do yourself.

Yeah .  Don't worry you can do it.  I think we all started by building a Tele.

It will be pretty straight forward. If you have to drill any holes though, drill a size smaller than your threads and pay attention to your drill bit depth. Take hardware into account. As exciting as it is, take your time and be patient.

Do your homework before you start. There are a few small things you can do that will help with success. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Go slow with screws and a lot of people put a little wax on the threads before they use a screw. Things like that.

My advice is:
1. Do lots of research & ask lots of questions. Watch videos on the Internet.
2. DO NOT get in a hurry. TAKE YOUR TIME.
3. Find a professional to perform the more complicated tasks IF you are not comfortable attempting them yourself.

I just finished my first build and it turned out a big success. Here's what I did when I wasn't sure what to do:

1. Youtube. There are a bunch luthiers and experts explaining best practices. Just be a bit wary that you don't wanna trust every kid in a bedroom making their first video.
2. Searching forums. this one's by far the best imo. But I've also found good insights on similar ones (SD, Strat Talk and TDPRI)
3. Post a question. I always try to do this as a last step and I try to be as precise as possible. This has helped to an incredible degree. This community is truly great and I'm very happy to have become a part of it.

Good luck and show us the end result.

Back