guitar and neck binding. match?

Will an LP body with natural masked binding look or match good with an LP Ivory binding?

• get LP body with natural masked binding and a neck with out binding

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • get LP with natural masked binding and get neck with the ivory binding

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
tell me what you think or know!

Will an LP body with natural masked binding look or match good with an LP Ivory binding? :help: ??? :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :guitaristgif:

NECK---------
Style: LP
Construction: Warmoth Pro
Neck Wood: Birdseye Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
Orientation: Right
Nut Width: 1 11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: 6100
Tuner Ream: Vintage Style (11/32")
Inlays: Trapezoid
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: Corian
Finish: Clear Gloss
Radius: 10-16" compound
Scale: 25-1/2 in.

BODY-------------
Model: Standard LP
Orientation: Right handed
Wood: Flame Maple on Mahogany
Pickup Rout: Humbucker (Neck), None (Middle), Humbucker (Brdg)
Controls: Volume 1 (LP), Volume 2 (LP), Tone 1 (LP), Tone 2 (LP), Std Toggle Hole (LP)Bridge: TOM/STP, Ang Pock
Top Finish: Black Dye
Back Finish: Clear Gloss
Jack Rout: 7/8" Side
Binding: Natural Masked
Countours: Contoured Heel

Here check this out... this is a pic of my LP.  You can see many woods with the ivoroid binding... bubinga neck, ebony fretboard, mahogany back, tiger-dyed top, and you can see a sliver of plain maple below the binding inside the cutaway.  That will be approximately the color of the natural masked part, because that's plain maple under clear gloss.

Good luck

2883859234_e9e2f2b625.jpg

My vote would be white binding, to give more contrast with the black dye.

And DBW, that guitar is sooo sweet.

dbw said:
Here check this out... this is a pic of my LP.  You can see many woods with the ivoroid binding... bubinga neck, ebony fretboard, mahogany back, tiger-dyed top, and you can see a sliver of plain maple below the binding inside the cutaway.  That will be approximately the color of the natural masked part, because that's plain maple under clear gloss.

Good luck

2883859234_e9e2f2b625.jpg
I had to go look at my LP to see if it was supposed to be that way. I'm glad I got a trans color finish to kind of hide that. It doesn't look right to me. :dontknow:

Just one thing to keep in mind here.  Binding of any kind has been proven to be a pretty unstable.  Theres a chance that if you get binding, natural or otherwise that the guitar could implode, ripping a hole in space and destroying most of the universe.  Its only a very small chance, but why take the risk?

RexTheDog said:
Just one thing to keep in mind here.  Binding of any kind has been proven to be a pretty unstable.  Theres a chance that if you get binding, natural or otherwise that the guitar could implode, ripping a hole in space and destroying most of the universe.  Its only a very small chance, but why take the risk?
My friend, you've got binding confused with unobtainium.

Max said:
RexTheDog said:
My friend, you've got binding confused with unobtainium.

:doh: I always mix those 2 up.

Back