Guitar AND Bass, and more!

spauldingrules

Since we have a new group just for this, maybe we should have a guitar and bass of the month.  Maybe also an "ugly duckling" as well.  Just an idea! I enjoy these threads a lot.

Much as i would love that, i fear we dont have enough basses, or not enough coming up to the gauntlet of G/BOTM or least not enough new ones coming through on the forum for there own seperate thread. be awesome if we did though, i would be applying alot, but dont want to bore you all with my z bass all the time  :laughing7:

As a heads up, there are some plans for occasional "alternate" contests.

These might (<--- "might") include criteria such as "LPs", "Thinlines", "Bass Only", "Stratocasters", "Clear Finish", "Sunbursts".... and of course "Open/Freestyle".

It was the desire of those folks behind the scenes to get a few of the standard contests completed in the new format before trying out some of the alternates.

The March 2011 contest is for "Warmoth/Pro" finished axes.  April is currently undecided, and much depends on how the March contest proceeds.

Thats about all that can be said - except - keep this thread going!  The ideas are welcome.  As always, no promises that any particular idea will be used, or used as originally presented.

Thanks to everyone, for making the contest a feature on the forum that is anticipated and participated by many.

I like the idea of a solid finish contest, since those seem to be generally ignored during the GOTM contests. Not always, there have been a couple good ones. But this forum really really loves it's figured woods, and that seems to show in the GOTM poll most of the time. Plenty of really cool solid finish guitars around here to put up one great contest some time. Just a thought.

how'bout a "Tonar Finished" ranking vote? (Not so much a GOTM, just a pole of all Tonar-finished axes, ranking them by awesomness.

Back