Grounding question

First build and after reading thru the forum I still have a few questions on proper grounding for a strat with all single coils.

1 I’ve already used shielding paint in all cavities but should I have used copper shielding? And can I just put the copper shielding on top of the shielding paint?

2 I’m using an anodized aluminum pick guard and am wondering what shielding issues it may present? Should I shield the back side of the guard?
Advice appreciated gang

We use shielding paint in Pinter guitars. It works fine, is less fussy to apply, and looks better, than foil. Just make sure you apply several coats, letting them dry between applications, and you'll be fine. I don't know the answer to you second question - I'm sure someone here does.

Aluminum is conductive, so if the aluminum pickguard is grounded, it will provide shielding.
Ok thanks. So just to clarify. If I follow a standard wiring diagram for grounding single coils, bridge, etc then the pick guard should provide shielding based on its connectivity to the components. Or does it need a separate ground?

First build and after reading thru the forum I still have a few questions on proper grounding for a strat with all single coils.

1 I’ve already used shielding paint in all cavities but should I have used copper shielding? And can I just put the copper shielding on top of the shielding paint?

2 I’m using an anodized aluminum pick guard and am wondering what shielding issues it may present? Should I shield the back side of the guard?
Advice appreciated gang
I always sandpaper off the areas around the pots and switch on the inside of an anodized guard. So the pots ground it. YMMV but I think the coating isn't conductive.

Back