Gotoh 12 string bridge

successum

Hello, I was just to put on strings on my new build but ran into som problems. Its a thinline tele 12 string. I choose drones below (classic rickenb. style) but now I see that the Gotoh 12 string bridge is drones above.
Do I have to ge a new Gotoh bridge - does it come in two versions (I can't see that on Warmoth shop)? Or do I have to order a new saddle for the neck and go drones above? Or is it possible to do something with this bridge to make it drones below? Anti climax!
Anyone out there who knows?

I am not aware of different saddles being available for that bridge other than how it is sold. So the easiest and probably only practical course of action will be a new nut (saddle) with drones above.

I've got a w 12-string with that bridge, and I'm also familiar with the Rick way of doing things (had a 360-12).

I just had a close look at the bridge, and from what I can see it should work with drones below.  If your issue is intonation, the bridge allows the 'upper' side saddles to be moved further back with an additional threaded screw hole in the 'lower' side saddles.  Yup, there are two threaded holes for placing each drone saddle - from what I can tell it's specifically to accommodate the drones-on-the-bottom arrangement.

If your issue is that the wrong string passes through the body, well I can't help you there  :)

Can you unscrew the second strings intonation bits and put them backwards?

Hang on, grabs 12 string, you can remove the screws and move them down a bit and they should work? Close enough for Rock and roll  better than side by side anyway;

Hmm, not sure I understood that, try this:

img_8010.jpg

Octaves on top has always been the industry standard for 12 strings electrics and acoustics, that even includes odd balls like the B.C. Rich 10-strings. Ric is the only major exception. So all the aftermarket hardtail bridges will be drones above.

Back