12 String Drones Below bridge

vinirosa

Hi, there!

I'm looking for a 12 string drone below bridge. The Gotoh bridge that Warmoth sells seems to be a good bridge, but I would have to string my guitar with the drones above and I definitely prefer the Rickenbacker style.

Does anybody know a good drones below 12 string bridge?

Thanks!

I don’t know of this helps, but many years ago I bought a modded bridge for a Rickenbacker 12 that had individual adjustment for each of the 12 strings from Ed Roman’s shop in Las Vegas.  I believe they were making them.  I don’t know if they still carry it, but it was the only place I found such a beast.

Bill, tgo

Well the only one that does that is Ric and Ric styles bridges. (Think Pick of the Rick, they even have a 12 saddle one.. I don’t believe the W addresses those.

An option would a different bridge and engineering a reversal of the saddles.

I have the gotoh bridge on a warmtoh 12, and I also used to own a Rick-12, so I know how those were set up.

I think that it's very possible to swap the drones with the bass strings the gotoh bridge and get it to intonate.  You just have to move the drone saddles to different position by un-screwing them and putting them into a different screw hole.  Very doable.

BTW - There is a recent thread on the board that discusses just this topic.  There's more detail there.

ABM in Germany do a 12 string bridge with 12 individual saddles. They have no notches so you can cut your own.

https://abm-guitarpartsshop.com/ABM-GUITAR-PARTS/Tuneomatic-Stoptail/12-String-Bridges/ABM-2412c-RO-Chrome::177.html

I have one but have not yet had the time to fit it.

My cheap electric 12 string has a truly appalling Chinese copy of the Gotoh 12 string bridge on it. I managed to set it up Rickenbacker style.

And PS
I am a fan of 12 strings (having a Ric and a Guild)
For an electric 12, the Ric pattern I prefer.  (I’ve had an electric the other way and not the same)
For acoustic, I prefer the non Ric arrangement (yes I did a bit where I had my Guild set up like a Ric) I switched back

I used to have the ABM bridge on my 12-string, but I switched to the Duesenberg, which is very flexible.

Back