Got tobe the coolest...

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
A/E I've ever seen, I gotta get one.... :headbang:  It just needs the Dime-o-flage paint job...
mlcoustic_body_close.jpg

mlcoustic_body_angle.jpg

mlcoustic_back_full.jpg

After picking up the Warlock A/E, I gotta say...  I wish I had've gone for a real acoustic instead...  Can't imagine the Dean ML A/E or the Dean V A/E would come off any better.  But they sure LOOK interesting...

I'm afraid the honor of coolest A/E has already been claimed.

ED2115.jpg

I had an Epiphone version of that when I was a teenager, and I got talked out of it for 250 bucks by the owner of a local music store. He told me it had neck problems, and acted like he was doing me a favor. I had just paid six or so hundred for it a month prior.

A few months later, the other owner told me the guy who bought it from me had been looking for a guitar like that for years.  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I've never seen another lefty version, Gibson or Epiphone. I kick myself over it all the time, even ten years later.

I just did some searching on the 'net. One guy on a forum claimed only 12 were ever made. Since it was a Dave Matthews forum (that used to be Dave's guitar of choice), I'm inclined to believe him. :doh: times infinity

UUUGGGHHHH!  Sorry, Doug, but that thing is butt ugly and looks like it would sound like crap too.

NonsenseTele said:
Looks good Doug, but probably sounds shitee :tard:
You never know, but hey for a couple hundred bucks who cares, it's still bad to the bone. I got a fender Strat-o-coustic a few years back, did a little tweaking and it plays like a jem.. :guitaristgif:

First thing I did was put an all birdeye maple Warmoth neck on it. New nut and bridge saddle....Plays like a dream... :icon_biggrin:

guitlouie said:
UUUGGGHHHH!  Sorry, Doug, but that thing is butt ugly and looks like it would sound like crap too.
Nahhhhh, gotta love it, Dime would have....RIP... :headbang1:

I'm on guitlouie's side with this one, that is so cheesy looking. That guitar has gone past the point where in trying too hard to look badass, things just don't look badass anymore.

I've got a Dean 12 string accustic, I love it, it doesn't have that big ugly Dean headstock though.

I like everything but that huge headstock, Yech...

I love Deans.  If I could find a nice Z full sized I'd latch on to it.

I know I've told this story before but I'll do it again.  I was bud's with this Guy Mike Aaron in the early 90's when Pantera was just gaining steam.  He was D-bag Crazy, and could pull off all of all of it. I'd rate him in the top 3 guitarists I've ever known personally.  Anyway at that time there was no Dean guitars and it was before the whole Washburn thing (he finally bought on of those later)  In his quest for "Dimedom" he found a Dean Z (explorer shape) I have no idea what year but it was a old one, beautiful with a sunburst quilt top and binding.  This is where it get's ugly.  He had to have an ML.....so he takes a Skill saw and cut's a huge chunk out of the bottom, has some popular plained to the same thickness of the body and glues them to the body with dowell rods to hold them in place.  Did I mention the Floyd Rose he added? ok, he did that too.  Well in the end it was all covered in gray primer.  the dude could play though.....

Alfang said:
I've got a Dean 12 string accustic, I love it, it doesn't have that big ugly Dean headstock though.

I like everything but that huge headstock, Yech...
That headstock is a signature of Dean..I think it Rawks.... :headbang1:

I think the ML body style is Dean's way of capturing the EVH Ibanez Destroyer that he destroyed.  Personally, I don't like it either, and I agree about the Dean V-shaped headstock...  It's hideous.

Back