Got any wood?

willyk

I went for a drive down the coast in southern NSW last week. I pulled in to a property selling firewood.......... :icon_biggrin:
2408507261_d6e494b771.jpg

2409343996_35db8b2367.jpg
2408511243_10ab7b7090.jpg

Ok, slightly off topic... you've got to try this (especially willyk):

• Go to Google Maps and search for "nsw australia": http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=NSW,+Australia&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.819897,70.664062&ie=UTF8&z=5&iwloc=addr
  • Click on "Search nearby" and enter "warmoth"
  • Click on "User-generated content for warmoth"

See anything familiar?

bwbass said:
Ok, slightly off topic... you've got to try this (especially willyk):

• Go to Google Maps and search for "nsw australia": http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=NSW,+Australia&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.819897,70.664062&ie=UTF8&z=5&iwloc=addr
  • Click on "Search nearby" and enter "warmoth"
  • Click on "User-generated content for warmoth"

See anything familiar?

Never heard of him........... :cool01:

Always thought that you would live in a house somewhere lost in the middle of nature...

Well, probably something alike that people think about me  :laughing7:

jackthehack said:
Firewood my ass... Want to split whatever that flamed wood slab is? How thick is that slab?

The guy saws the slabs 50mm and sells them to be made into garden tables. He's got some real interesting stuff which I'm going to investigate real soon, mahogany, red cedar and other Australian native hardwoods.

50mm might be thick enough to have Warmoth do a body from IF they are straight/true enough. What is that flamed dark reddish wood in the closeup?

The slabs in the pictures are indeed sawn pretty roughly. They are destined to be made into outdoor furniture. The guy has a contract with the roads authority to dispose of 'problem' trees. He cuts up the crap for firewood, cuts some biggish logs into table tops and also has a stockpile of  "nice" stuff which is what I will be investigating first chance. I'm hoping to obtain a couple of nice body blank sized pieces down the track.

Back