Golden Boy

Very nice, thinking about getting a gold strat as well.

How does the chambered mahogany sound? I'm very interested in it, because i think the chambering could give the mahogany a resonant and open tone.

stubhead said:
To me this axe looks like something out of a James Bond flick.

I was thinking the exact same thing, this would be a perfect guitar to play the James Bond theme, Secret Agent Man, I'll bet it's tubular on surf tunes too. It's got some real 60's pre-psychedelic vibe for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-3cIoWgdMg&feature=related

Sorry, being a HUGE James Bond fan ... I couldn't let this one go ...

The "James Bond Theme" was written by Monty Norman, and is simply titled as the "James Bond Theme"

Secret Agent Man was a song made famous by Johnny Rivers, and written by P. F. Sloan and Steve Barri, possibly as a result of how popular spy-type movies and shows were becoming in the '60s.

Real nice guitar though .....

You should have it gold plated......Like Satch has a "Chrome Boy", then you would have a real "Golden Boy"..... :toothy12:

Sweet, how are you liking the scalloping.  I've been thinking about incorporating that into a build.

bpmorton777 said:
that is the stuff dude! thanks for the pics. Havnt got to see too many gold-top gold guitars here except one from Tonar and one that Jackthehack is working on....I love the gold harwear too.... :headbang:

Brian

Was going to try to redo the Goldtop on the Tele this weekend, but it's been raining every day and is too humid to reshoot it right now; learned my lesson with the 2nd sand back of the top about trying to shoot that paint when it's too humid or cool, maybe next weekend....

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1375.0

"Sweet, how are you liking the scalloping.  I've been thinking about incorporating that into a build."

I like it very much. Cant tell much difference unless I look, but things like deep vibarato and legatto, or any left-hand techniques, seem much easier. Another bonus is that the finish on the fretboard isn't likely to wear out.

Trippy, King Midas all the way. I was showing my girlfriend some gold bodies in the showcase and she was freakin cause I was tempted......Can't wait to show her this one.  Wild stuff here. :hello2:

Back