Gold Strings?

I'm just glad they exist. I'm only going to do one gold hardware guitar, but I hate the idea of having a gold bridge but then chrome (coloured) frets and nickel covered strings. Everything has to be gold, EVERYTHING.

Except the stuff on the inside of the guitar, of course. The pickups will be wound with silver wire.

I'm prone to playing with bits of metal. Quarters, metal picks... I find stainless fits my sound and is inherently durable, not just a few atoms thick coating of soft metal.

I like stainless strings, too. I use them on my guitars. Been using D'Addario Pro Steels when I can get them.

Jumble Jumble said:
I'm just glad they exist. I'm only going to do one gold hardware guitar, but I hate the idea of having a gold bridge but then chrome (coloured) frets and nickel covered strings. Everything has to be gold, EVERYTHING.

Except the stuff on the inside of the guitar, of course. The pickups will be wound with silver wire.

Zephyr pickups ?

Not quite. A custom made set from the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop, but not any of the official Zephyr pickups. They'll be stacked humbuckers that look like regular Strat pickups, along the lines of some I already had made last year, but with the silver wire and cryo treatment of the Zephyrs. (The cryo treatment doesn't cost any extra so I thought what the hell). So they won't bear the Zephyr brand, because of the fact that they're custom made. Should get the tonal difference from silver though.

They're getting gold plated pole pieces, of course. I said EVERYTHING!

Those are going to be interesting pickups I think. But I'm also wondering what the whole guitar will look like. I'm a bit in the same camp if I went for gold hardware I would be also going for frets and so on.

It's going to look something like this.

fender60strat-classic-player-badge-630-80.jpg

Back