Going all out

rookosu

So I recently sold my Axe-FX III which gave me the funds to pretty much build any warmoth I want.  It will be my 3rd.  Since I've built a tele and a strat, I'm somewhat itching for a regal.

Currently I'm looking to recreate a silverburst Les Paul like in the image shown.  Always wanted one of these bad boys.  Unfortunately, that means with white binding, stainless frets, tusq nut, ebony (black) fretboard, white block inlay, and painted black headstock, that's almost a $600 neck!  Yowza!  Might still do this but got me wondering....

If you guys had unlimited funds to build your own Warmoth dream guitar....what would you pull the trigger on these days?

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 332
I’m not sure who’s signature is on that one, but to me that is the Adam Jones guitar. Beautiful! I say go for it, I know I’d love to see how it came out!

I did a “Dream Build” last year after selling some crypto favorably. Mine was a double-bound Candy Apple Red Thinline with matching painted headstock. This is her as she is configured today:

GOM%20Round%202A.jpeg

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=27781.0

I pretty much did the same with a roasted swamp ash Jazzmaster body, roasted maple 24-3/4" scale neck, SD P-rails pickups, Bigsby B-5. Here is how it came out.

wJNciOv.jpg

These days I tend to design my own bodies but this one was pure Warmoth parts.

-VB- said:
I’m not sure who’s signature is on that one, but to me that is the Adam Jones guitar. Beautiful! I say go for it, I know I’d love to see how it came out!

That's Bonamassa's sig on the guitar (just ripped the image from a reverb listing) but yup, I think of Adam Jones when I see Silverburst as well.  Right now recreating that LP but with the Warmoth necks I've grown to love, is solely in my crosshairs.

-VB- said:
I did a “Dream Build” last year after selling some crypto favorably. Mine was a double-bound Candy Apple Red Thinline with matching painted headstock. This is her as she is configured today:

THAT.....is a gorgeous guitar.  Candy red, binding and pearloid are like the trinity of guitar aesthetics.

rookosu said:
...Right now recreating that LP but with the Warmoth necks I've grown to love, is solely in my crosshairs...

You have ruled out an LP, a Gibson or a clone? You can find guitars on the second hand market for less than the Regal build. I know because out of the four Warmoths I have the LP was by far the most expensive. Hard to find a Silverburst but there are talented men who can apply finish, we have one here in the site.

BTW...Why you sold the Axe-FX?

It won't help you, but it would be a fretless Mooncaster bass. Or a Short Scale PJ. Or both

rookosu said:
THAT.....is a gorgeous guitar.  Candy red, binding and pearloid are like the trinity of guitar aesthetics.

Thanks! My thoughts as well, the Trifecta!

Kostas said:
Hard to find a Silverburst but there are talented men who can apply finish, we have one here in the site.

Just to throw it out there, Metallic Silver Burst is a standard Warmoth finish in the builder.

spe111 said:
What scale length will the regal be?

It will be Gibson scale.  I have guitars in both scale, and over time I've found needs for both, oddly.  I prefer gibson scale when I have to riff or shred (what little I can do).  But I actually prefer 25.5 when I am doing slower noodling.  Don't know why, but I do.  It's weird.

Kostas said:
rookosu said:
...Right now recreating that LP but with the Warmoth necks I've grown to love, is solely in my crosshairs...

You have ruled out an LP, a Gibson or a clone? You can find guitars on the second hand market for less than the Regal build. I know because out of the four Warmoths I have the LP was by far the most expensive. Hard to find a Silverburst but there are talented men who can apply finish, we have one here in the site.

Yup.  I don't want anything Gibson really.  Just not a fan of QC or.. really anything about them.  My hands have also just come to expect the combo of specs I use on my Warmoths now.  Picking up any other kind of neck just feels wrong now.  Once I finish this Regal, my Tele, Strat, and LP will all have the exact same neck (minus scale length), which is the way I want it. 

And while yes, the Regal is the most expensive on the site, this build will cost me $2K after all is said and done, but still less than buying this exact guitar from Gibson if I wanted to.

Kostas said:
rookosu said:
BTW...Why you sold the Axe-FX?
I sold the Axe, because I had a Kemper, and also Helix Native.  I was pro Axe-FX for the heavier gain stuff, for a while.  That is until I found the *perfect* profile for me on the Kemper and then decided I'd rather have a brand new shiny guitar than have that Axe-FX.  The Fractal was fantastic, but just didn't need it anymore for the value I could get for selling it.

rookosu said:
So I recently sold my Axe-FX III which gave me the funds to pretty much build any warmoth I want.  It will be my 3rd.  Since I've built a tele and a strat, I'm somewhat itching for a regal.

Currently I'm looking to recreate a silverburst Les Paul like in the image shown.  Always wanted one of these bad boys.  Unfortunately, that means with white binding, stainless frets, tusq nut, ebony (black) fretboard, white block inlay, and painted black headstock, that's almost a $600 neck!  Yowza!  Might still do this but got me wondering....

If you guys had unlimited funds to build your own Warmoth dream guitar....what would you pull the trigger on these days?

Hmm, on an unlimited  budget I think I would go for a black dye finish Regal (Mahogany with A grade flame top,cream binding, clear finish back), raw and burnished roasted maple neck with bubinga fretboard and cream binding, maybe straight cross inlays and 6100 frets, black painted headstock, schaller tuners, Zhangbucker pickups. That would probably get me up there to where I would need my fainting couch once I input the credit card.

musicispeace said:
Hmm, on an unlimited  budget I think I would go for a black dye finish Regal (Mahogany with A grade flame top,cream binding, clear finish back), raw and burnished roasted maple neck with bubinga fretboard and cream binding, maybe straight cross inlays and 6100 frets, black painted headstock, schaller tuners, Zhangbucker pickups. That would probably get me up there to where I would need my fainting couch once I input the credit card.

So, almost your exact body is right now in the gallery!
https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Type=5&Path=Regal&i=LPCP584#.XZNcnUZKhhE

I'll preface this by saying, I have 2 Gibson LP's, and they are the last guitars I'd get rid of.  They are my fav's.

Having said that, if I had unlimited funds to build a guitar...…

Would either be a Mooncaster or Soloist

Either would be mahogany with a beautiful Black Korina or Zebrawood carved top with binding, finished myself in some kind of beauteous oil based finish with dye, that would also have the heel reshaped for more comfort (Fender Elite heel probably).  The neck would be either roasted maple, canary, padouk or wenge with an ebony board in a Wolfgang profile and 6115 frets, binding, split diamond gold inlays and abalone side dots, with a veneer to match the body, with a CBS or Strat vintage/modern or tilt back Strat or Warmoth head stock.  The pups would be med output with a focus on clarity and articulation, that also scream.  Bridge would be some kind of trem, probably a Floyd

rookosu said:
musicispeace said:

So, almost your exact body is right now in the gallery!
https://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Type=5&Path=Regal&i=LPCP584#.XZNcnUZKhhE

Wow you aren't kidding! Thanks for pointing this out.

Back