Glen Campbell dead at 81

Cagey

Mythical Status
Glen Campbell dead at 81

Published August 08, 2017 Fox News

Country music legend Glen Campbell has died at the age of 81 after a six-year-long battle with Alzheimer's disease

Country music icon Glen Campbell has died at the age of 81, Fox News has learned.

His family announced, "It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell, at the age of 81, following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease."

The star's publicist confirmed that he died Tuesday morning in Nashville. The legend behind hits including “Wichita Lineman" and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" recently released his final studio album. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease six years ago.

Continue reading...

When I was in 3rd grade my teacher had the class put on a musical presentation for the school.  One of the numbers was "Galveston," and it's the first song I listened to when I got home from work last night.  What a voice!  The article didn't even mention the enormous body of work he contributed to during his stint in the wrecking crew.

Yeah, he's one of those rare talents like Barry Manilow who have done one helluva lot more than most people realize, contributing to making other artists famous by providing original material, performance and production talent they don't possess themselves.

Cagey said:
Yeah, he's one of those rare talents like Barry Manilow who have done one helluva lot more than most people realize, contributing to making other artists famous by providing original material, performance and production talent they don't possess themselves.
You got that right. He was quite something.

Back