gigged with 2 les pauls loaded with silver zephyrs. what are your views about it

write a snarky song about the experience and play it at the next open mic

It may have been much more polite of the girl to ask before you turned up to the jam session about the loaning out of gear. That would give you the option of turning up with a beater guitar for others to play or tell the girl, "No I do not loan out gear".
I understand whyyou eventually agreed, if only to prove your point why you normally DON'T do it.  :evil4:
I have some expensive guitars & some not so. I'm happy to have people play my guitars while I am standing there, but the minute they go into full stage performance mode & start acting like Pete Townsend in the 1960s..... I take my guitar back.
After loaning out a nice Vox Distortion Pedal to someone to use at home, and have the pedal return unworkable & with a comment that they tried to make it sound "better" by removing a capacitor within it's circuit  :sad: , I no longer loan out gear to folks to take home or to somewhere else.

For many years my #1 live guitar was my "tele-shaped" guitar with the Lawrence L500XL bridge PU with it's own five-way, concentric pots for both pickups and the real kicker - a Warmoth boatneck with their deeply-scalloped fingerboard. Anyone who picks it up with the intent of ROCKIN' OUT is going to sound like a PCP-addled chimpanzee playing with a rubber band. It takes a while to learn how to control it.  When attempting a pentatonic scale, a ham-hand will rarely get past three or four notes. Hmmm... come to think of it, the wiring is set up to get a huge variety of tones, but if you play with the PU selector switch in the middle, volumes at 7 or so, changing the L500's switch or moving either volume knob a millimeter or so can have drastic effects. In other word, morons play their three notes, "This guitar sucks!" and it stays with me. It works fine - for ME  :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

If I bring another guitar, it's for slide & setup in the Landreth way - heavy strings, low action, open E, and no, you can't retune it.

That reminds me!  I once lent out a b-bender tele at a jam.  That was pretty funny  :)

There's not a reason on earth to loan out ANY piece of your gear if you're not comfortable doing so! If that were a ''condition'' of participating in a jam that I showed up at, I'd tell whomever exactly what I thought of that absurdity and leave...there are afew people I'd gladly let use any of my guitars; someone I don't know? Are you F'in' crazy?!

Yeah, that's me. It's like loaning out your toothbrush; it just ain't happening. Bring your own fiddle, or go scratch.

Besides, you gotta wonder what kind of player would show up without an instrument. A guitar player without a guitar? That's got careless and irresponsible written all over it.

Orpheo said:
I had my warmoths and I wasn't comfortable lending them out! 5A flame maple top on lightweight 1 piece mahogany on one guitar, flamed koa on lightweight mahogany on the other, both with silver zephyrs, both with (brazilian?) RW necks and ebony boards. not a nice idea!

personally it wouldn't matter to me if you showed up with two Afghani Squier copies with clothes pin tuning machines and Radio Shack pickups...... its your equipment and no one else should "expect" you to loan it out. If you volunteer it then you assume the risk but no one should voluntold your gear for you.

Just out of curiosity, what did the woman that coordinated the jam look like? I'm sure it's out of the question that you weren't trying to impress/score-points-with this chick at all...

WELL WERE YOU???!! lol ;) ;)

Hehe! Yeah, it's tough to say no to a hot chick. No amount of logic works against the idea that you might be able to have hot, sweaty monkey sex if you can only gain her favor.

Cagey said:
Hehe! Yeah, it's tough to say no to a hot chick. No amount of logic works against the idea that you might be able to have hot, sweaty monkey sex if you can only gain her favor.

Yea, ain't that a bitch!  Sad, but true...
:rock-on:

I don't let people play my guitars. When they say something about it, I just compare it to him letting me play with their girlfriend. :icon_jokercolor: That is, most people who ask to play my guitars are dudes.

salma-hayek-plays-guitar.jpg

I wouldn't let her on any other hot girl borrow my guitars in a bar. However, I let anyone who visits my house play the guitars. It's a more controlled environment.

Of course if Salma Hayek visited my house the whole question would become irrelevant as I'd likely be late for an important exam and getting on the train to work only to realise I'm naked.

whoops. forgot to reply.

she is smokin hot, the girl who arranges the jam, but the girl showed no interest in me, so why should I try to impress her? For her, 10 others.

Back