Gibson sued by government over illegal ebony wood?

lafromla1

Not sure if this was posted yet or not:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100814/BUSINESS01/8140324/Unsealed-files-trace-rare-wood-bound-for-Gibson

What good does seizing all the wood do? Endangered or not, the wood came from trees have already been chopped down. :dontknow:
Why not let them use up their existing stock of wood and take action to prevent them from acquiring any more of it?

line6man said:
What good does seizing all the wood do? Endangered or not, the wood came from trees have already been chopped down. :dontknow:
Why not let them use up their existing stock of wood and take action to prevent them from acquiring any more of it?

If so, isn't that politics? To take the same context even further, What good does making a statement about it do? The wood has still been confiscated.

"Officials also contacted the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services, which launched its own investigation." ...... What?

line6man said:

That reminds me of when the DEA makes a major marijuana bust and the burn the pot!!!!  I mean, c'mon, if you are gonna burn it, why not roll it up into a huge joint that everybody can smoke?  Makes no sense to me  :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:  :sad1:

BigBeard said:
line6man said:

That reminds me of when the DEA makes a major marijuana bust and the burn the pot!!!!  I mean, c'mon, if you are gonna burn it, why not roll it up into a huge joint that everybody can smoke?  Makes no sense to me  :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:  :sad1:

Doing a bust and then letting people smoke all the seized pot sort of defeats the point.

Right. Kinda like letting bank robbers keep the money after they get caught.

It's not like Gibson would've turned the ebony into a quality product anyway. I cringe every time I pickup a Gibson & feel their fretwork. Just based on that the FDA, FBI, CIA & AARP should throw the book at Gibson.

that reminds me of a video a freind sent me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZOF0TPlIos

Fish and Game is part of the Dept of the Interior, and they tend to take care of the "system."  Even if it is not an indigenous system, they are the agency with the training in these matters.  Otherwise we'd have another agency to fund.
Patrick

line6man said:

Yeah!  Why not let crime pay!  oh, wait ...  :icon_scratch:

Doughboy said:
It's not like Gibson would've turned the ebony into a quality product anyway. I cringe every time I pickup a Gibson & feel their fretwork. Just based on that the FDA, FBI, CIA & AARP should throw the book at Gibson.

Amen.

I think the real plan should be to not waste the wood, but not let Gibson benefit. thus: GIVE IT TO WARMOTH!    :headbang1:

The drug war is unamerican  :icon_thumright:

The REAL drug war is the perscription drug epidemic being pushed by you know who,
while they import more drugs than ever,
bag you for a gram,
profit immensely off your prison slave labor,
remain in a politically shielded agency,
and perpetuate their rampant show-biz
while kids pop prozac and kill their grandparents or shoot up a school
  ???  :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :tard:

That being said, YES sue gibson, we've been waiting a long time. :icon_jokercolor:

You know the really funny thing about this?  Juszkiewicz (Gibson's top schwanz) is a board member of The Rainforest Alliance! 

http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/forestry.cfm?id=gibson_usfws

I just wanna see someone run him out of Nashville--the man is the Roger Smith of the guitar world!

Back