Gibby V replacement?

Xplorervoodoo

Anyone know if there's one planned?

GAS is hitting me hard.  I had planned a showcase build to try and keep costs down, but I'm not finding what I want.  If I'm going to go custom, I might as well get the V I've been wanting for years, but I much preferred the Gibson-style V to the King V that Warmoth has been left with.

If there's none planned, I'll order a King V, but if there IS one planned, I might wait and see what it looks like before I decide.

Well, there are only so many variations on a V.  Since they already have the V-K and the V-R, I'd be surprised if they came up with more.

I'm with you.  I prefer the Gibson V.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but at the same time, I'd hate to order a King V only to find out later that a replacement for the GV comes out.

With the CTV just coming out, and the other sneak peak we were given at a singlecut, I just don't want to be committed until they're finished coming out with new designs.

Even if a the GV doesn't get replaced, there might be a new body style that appeals just as much.  :laughing7:

Just knock some corners off... :dontknow:
MP226A.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

Xplorervoodoo said:
With the CTV just coming out, and the other sneak peak we were given at a singlecut, I just don't want to be committed until they're finished coming out with new designs.

Even if a the GV doesn't get replaced, there might be a new body style that appeals just as much.  :laughing7:

Could you please tell us more ?????  :blob7:
I have a warmoth style neck unused and i was thinking selling it because i couldn't find a nice hardtail body !!!

Xplorervoodoo said:
Actually, I rather like the Warmoth or Warmoth 2 headstock on either style V.
The Warmoth does look good on a V too, I agree...But I like pointy stuff...Sorry I grew up with hair metal bands... :party07:

DangerousR6 said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
The Warmoth does look good on a V too, I agree...But I like pointy stuff...Sorry I grew up with hair metal bands... :party07:

So did I, but they mostly used Kramer-style stuff that I thought was ugly. :D

Xplorervoodoo said:
DangerousR6 said:
Xplorervoodoo said:

So did I, but they mostly used Kramer-style stuff that I thought was ugly. :D
eek2.gif
actionsmiley073.gif

Man, the Gibson style just looks so much beefier.  I like the KL headstock on it though, looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Back