Geddy Lee Jazz Neck?

monkeyhaiku

Any chance you'll consider offering bass necks with the thin profile of the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass?  Those Geddy basses are great, but I'd love to have that neck profile available to build my own bass the way I want.

Uh, no.  The Geddys can be so thin as to be unstable.  I used to have one and it didn't take too much tweaking, but I know of others and have heard of more that went a flappin' in the wind.

Geddy's bass is 72 JBass that he picked up in a pawn-shop in 1974. Only thing he changed on it was the bridge and the strings.
And this year a new neck due to the truss-rod going bad on it.( But that a 35 year old neck)

This is the first I've heard of the necks on the Geddy models being unstable.  Nobody on the message board at www.talkbass.com has repoted any problems.  It's kind of hard to believe that a Fender production model would be that flawed.

Too bad, if it's true.  Those Geddy basses are hands down the best sounding and playing production Fender basses.

(Must be some Cannucks on the board.  Not many Americans recognize Conky.)

monkeyhaiku said:
This is the first I've heard of the necks on the Geddy models being unstable.  Nobody on the message board at www.talkbass.com has repoted any problems.  It's kind of hard to believe that a Fender production model would be that flawed.

Too bad, if it's true.  Those Geddy basses are hands down the best sounding and playing production Fender basses.

(Must be some Cannucks on the board.  Not many Americans recognize Conky.)

Dig a little deeper on TB.  There have been a number of guys over the years there.

I agree it is a great bass.  I regretted selling mine for a long time.  Though now that I'm here at Warmoth, I'm sure I'll be making my own version someday.  Go with the Rio Grande pickups for the Geddy.

-Eric.

don't forget the wolves. (scared all the undecided voters into voting for GW thus wining him the election, and what he called a mandate. 1.2% is not a mandate)

I'm Conky and i approve this message.

It's crazy that there are three people here now with Trailer Park Boys avatars. I love the show. I'm not from Canada though, US born and raised.

Back