Gecko question

Pelagaard

I did a search, but I couldn't find if you can specify the wood used for the inlay on the Gecko neck.

Don't take this as one and only answer, but it's usually maple or ebony to contrast with fretboard wood.

kurcatovium said:
Don't take this as one and only answer, but it's usually maple or ebony to contrast with fretboard wood.

Correct.  Those are the standard woods.  I don't know that I've ever seen any other woods used.

Wyliee said:
kurcatovium said:

Correct.  Those are the standard woods.  I don't know that I've ever seen any other woods used.

Tubby has a bunch of showcase necks with other woods. I know at least one of them is inlaid in Pau Ferro.

I recall seeing a Bloodwood gecko inlay a while back (possibly up to two years ago)

line6man said:
Tubby has a bunch of showcase necks with other woods. I know at least one of them is inlaid in Pau Ferro.

About half of my Gecko necks have gecko inlays of Pau Ferro; the rest have Ebony.

Once upon a time, Warmoth did make at least one Gecko neck with a Canary gecko inlay.  Here's an example of one that made it to the Showcase:
GN208A.jpg

I think Wyliee was referring to the woods used for the inlaid fretless lines.  These are either Maple or Ebony.

AutoBat said:
I recall seeing a Bloodwood gecko inlay a while back (possibly up to two years ago)

I would love to see that!  I think it would look awesome.  In fact, I'd love to have one of those.

The mind can be an interesting thing. It very well may have been canary. Then again, perhaps it was bloodwood.

AutoBat said:
The mind can be an interesting thing. It very well may have been canary. Then again, perhaps it was bloodwood.

Might have been a divine dream. Or, you were unable to face the reality that such a beautiful thing did not exist, so your mind created an elaborate fantasy so that you could be at peace with your universe, thinking that someone somewhere had an even-more-awesome-than-usual Warmoth neck. :blob7:

Back