Gecko Guitar Body

rauchman

Was just peeking through the bass bodies and love the construction of the Gecko bass.  Would be interesting to see a guitar body with the same idea.

I'm a fan, I'm just not prepared to back it up with cash at the moment.

There is already one in existence, but we have never released it. Not sure why, but one of our employees here owns one.

Here's some pics of it from the Misc. Guitar section:

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2693.0

The Aaron said:
There is already one in existence, but we have never released it. Not sure why, but one of our employees here owns one.

Wow, that thing is great!  I think the upper horn is a little bit too long, but that could always be reshaped at home before finishing.  It would be great if Warmoth and a double cut-away offset body shape not as extreme as the Z - like something along the lines of a offset Strat or the PRS Vela.  Geez, I've just gotta stop complaining and order a body blank...

Speaking of baritone... I'm thinking about trying to shove the pocket and bridge down that extra 1 5/8"  - kinda like how the bass guitars are. Heel to bridge has to stay the same but... I think such a relocation could improve things. But for the life of me I'm trying to decide if that's really any different from saying "a longer horn". I should make a modular body that can accept different wings for such thoughts.

Back