Gecko 6 - Spalted Maple

Wyliee

Here's a gallery dedicated to my personal Gecko 6.

Spalted maple on swamp ash.
Maple/maple neck
Hipshot A bridge
Nordstrand Fat Stack pickups with Aguilar OBP-2 preamp.

With such a purdy build, I had to give it a name.....  Please welcome Arty!

3520519736_0f28cd36bb.jpg

3520519912_f266c5e7d7.jpg

3520520084_de5022d0e3.jpg

3520520204_7cc2053c6d.jpg

Nice job, Eric.   :icon_thumright:

I don't know how you bass types play a 6 string bass.  I've tried, and my hands I guess are way too small.  My 4 string bass has a 1 5/8" nut. 

Beautiful!  :headbang1:

I'm still not quite sure how I missed this thread.  I was wondering just a few weeks ago when you were going to post some completed pics.

DocNrock said:
Nice job, Eric.   :icon_thumright:

I don't know how you bass types play a 6 string bass.  I've tried, and my hands I guess are way too small.  My 4 string bass has a 1 5/8" nut. 

Thanks for the kind words guys.

As far as playing a 6, you can see from my avatar I don't have the biggest hands in the world.  Proper technique is a must!

Wyliee said:
As far as playing a 6, you can see from my avatar I don't have the biggest hands in the world.  Proper technique is a must!

Yeah, I think I'm a four-banger for life.  I would make the jump to 6 before I did 5, but I could never get used to always having my thumb on the back of the neck like that.

DocNrock said:

Few the factors influences on the playability, position of instrument in respect to the body, if bass hangs too low, develop the fingers on the fretboard is very difficult,
if the thumb embraces the neck, also.
Small fingers do not influence much on the playing. The only, maybe sometimes, plays strange chords across 5-6 fields where needs stretch out of the fingers.

Back