FS/FT: Fender Super Champ XD + Upgrades

duffin123

fender super champ XD with electro harmonix tube and fender footswitch to change channels and effects
it's one year old so it's still quite new and hasn't been used much
it was originally the blonde special run but I painted it red, you can use heat gun to scrap the red finish off if you want it to look blonde again
never used for gig, only for home practice so it's still in a very good condition

this is a very rare amp because fender just discontinued this amp so you won't find this amp on the market anymore

bought this for $350, so I'm looking for $200 since it's still in good condition and comes with the footswitch + new tubes + custom paint
paypal gift or cash, local pickup only but will ship on buyer's cost. I'm willing to sell this for reasonable best offer too.

I'm open for trades with other amps
I'm looking specifically for blues jr or vox lil night train... but let me know if you have any other offers too
I'm willing to ADD CASH into the trades if you have the item I'm looking for
so shoot me your offer

contact me here or by email: xncp5-2915464997@sale.craigslist.org

Attachments

• 5Gd5T65Q13K83L73Jac3l8d942fd44a3d17bd.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 342
Those are surprisingly nice little amps, for those who are considering it. I have one here, and even though I have an Axe FX now, I'm not gonna sell it. The blonde ones were rare, the black ones were not. They sold like popcorn because they sounded good, had lotsa features, didn't cost much and were easily transportable. It's too bad this one got painted, especially since it was a blonde one, but I'm sure it still sounds good.

Fender has since come out with a 112 extension cabinet designed specifically for these in the new "head" version of this amp, but I have yet to find a blonde one (my XD is blonde, too). May have to buy a black one and re-cover it, so I can make a mini-stack. Always wanted one of those. Don't know why.

than buy mine, man. hahahaha. you can always heat gun the red finish, I just don't like the blonde finish, looks dirty to me. 

No, I don't need another amp. And I'm not optimistic about that finish coming off that covering. It's deeply textured, more so than regular beaded Tolex. Even if all you put on there was Sears' Easy Living latex, I suspect it would be a real nightmare to remove. Besides, I can still buy new versions of that amp for $325, and $200-$250 used just about anywhere. Worse yet (for you), the new X2 version of that amp is the same thing only better for only $350. Check it out...

not really, I already did remove the red finish of the amp's back cover and it comes off just fine. I just don't have the time to remove it all of. with the right tools, I assume it should come off easily (at least that's what happened in my case)

I don't want another fender amp. I'm selling this amp to afford myself another brand's amp. maybe vox or egnater. 

the only thing I want from egnater is their ability to switch wattage in the amp, so I can go 1w for bedroom practice and 20w for live gig. this super champ is too loud for bedroom practice in my opinion.

Back