Front single coil pickup beneath 24th fret

yfunamo

I have been a Stratocaster player all my life. As the strat size body a bit too large for me, I was attracted by Warmoth's 7/8 S-style body. However, according to Warmoth, it only fits 24-3/4" scale 24 fret neck (7/8 Warhead neck). I may be able to live with middle scale but am a bit afraid of loosing the front single coil pick-up sound which I love. I expect something thinner and brighter. Do anyone have any thoughts, experiences or suggestions? Thank you.

In practice, it won't make a whole lot of difference.

Regarding the idea that the pickup must be where the 24th fret is due to that is where a harmonic node is. That node only applies to the open string in any case.

Even if you fix the position on the neck pickup, it's not going sound *exactly* like a Strat, since the scale length is different. I think the position of the neck pickup on the 7/8 Strat is actually an advantage in this case.

In practice, it won't make a whole lot of difference.

Regarding the idea that the pickup must be where the 24th fret is due to that is where a harmonic node is. That node only applies to the open string in any case.
Oh, very good point. Thank you!

Even if you fix the position on the neck pickup, it's not going sound *exactly* like a Strat, since the scale length is different. I think the position of the neck pickup on the 7/8 Strat is actually an advantage in this case.
Thank you, for your reply! May I ask what the advantage is?

It tends to picks up more high order harmonics of the string vibration, although the physics depends on which part of the fretboard you are playing. The 24 fret pickup location can sound thinner in the mids on some guitars, but to me it works fine with the shorter scale length.

Thank you. I will look into Soloist. Also I’m thinking of Velocity. BTW, I’m thinking of a hollow body and rear route.

Back