Frank Caster a Frankenstein Tele build

vinlander

Hello there,

First post here, incidentally first build too
Been a Gibson player since the early '90s so I was kind of biased when I chose the wood type and neck.
Solid Mahogany, thin standard (pretty much like my Lester slim '60s) neck but with 25.5 scale
Gibson 490R at the neck, SD Black Winter Trembucker at the bridge.
String through for that sustain
Everything for my jazzy/fusion needs up to my progressive rock and extreme metal fix
Not as twangy as a traditional tele or fat as my Lester, close to my former SG but with even more bite.
Plenty of sustain, good note separation in chords; the sums of the parts made a great instrument.
Home made laminated rosewood control and truss rod covers, I shielded every cavities and its very quiet even with high gain.
Ebony pickup ring, ebony knobs, strap and tuners buttons
Playability is awesome, no fret dressing needed, no dead spot, very low action, neck fit the pocket as a glove and dead center to bridge.
Warmoth execution on both the body and the neck is simply faultless; I don't regret.
If not really light at 8.01 pounds, it is very balanced and still 2 pounds less than my 1992 Lester.
Pretty happy with the result
Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Headstock.jpg

20170220_182053_resized.jpg

Frank_Caster.jpg

OK, that's five of you who see a photo of it. I don't see a photo or even a link for one. Do I have a setting amiss or something?

Dunno. It's a standard .jpg file. Click this link or copy/paste the following in a new tab on your browser:

http://s17.postimg.org/p4u1d4mrh/Front.jpg

Both ways should show you a nice Mahogany Telecaster.

Thanks, Kevin. That's a beautiful Tele. The black hardware really works with that finish. It looks like a fine player. Congrats.

Edit: When I replied, the original photo showed. Just reading the thread, it doesn't.

Thanx for your kind comments guys.
I really dig the mahogany grain, I got lucky with my custom body, is not too heavy (4.3 pounds) considering it is not chambered, maybe the belly contour helped.
Not sure if it is a single piece body however, the grain is the same direction everywhere, my former SG I could see the seam on the side where grain is not 100% parallel.
If its a multiple piece they did an awesome job hiding it and the wood resonate nicely.

Back