Football Season is Here

honestly my biggest hope is that they actually resolve the labor dispute and have football in 2011. i don't think it'll happen, but i'd gladly take a terrible season from my redskins if it meant i'd get to see them play in 2011.

otherwise i guess a good first season for the McNabb / Shanahan combo! and it might be really early to start thinking about the draft and free agency, but i really hope we pick up a decent WR sometime soon.

First we hand the Skins Superbowl 22, then we give them CP and now Shannie too. Damn I hope my Broncos make some noise.

handegghg5.jpg

...made me laugh

I have a new found hatred for Houston Fans.  They're idiots.  They've had Dallas' number for a while, but you'd think they won the Superbowl everytime.  I swear they have parades for pre-season wins against Dallas.  Their hate is so misguided.  They like the other teams in their division more than the Cowboys (who isn't even in the same conference).  With the exception of ZZ Top, there's not much good about Houston.  Their 2 biggest celebrities are a furniture salesman and the late Marvin Zindler. 

Every sports accomplishment of their's is easily diminshed.  Back to back NBA titles in '94 and '95.  BTW, Jordan and the Bulls won the 3 before them, 3 after them, and didn't play the 2 years The Rockets won, but they still believe they would've beat him/them.

The Oilers only made it to the Superbowl after moving to TN and changing their name.  "Luv 'Ya Blue" stems not from a Superbowl appearance or playoff run, but their 1st winning season.

The Astros went to the World Series after pimping the hired gun that is Roger Clemens, only to be swept.  In recent news, they think he's being framed, BTW.

to be fair, baltimore fans hate redskins fans. jets fans hate giants fans (bills fans don't even count). eagles fans hate steelers fans. none of them are in the same division, or even the same conference.

but i agree, i hate celebrations for preseason games. but a statewide rivalry i'm definitely ok with.

I'm watching Oregon V. Tennessee, & it's killing me. Who knows what the hell is going to happen!
I LOVE college football!
Soccer - you guys (the whole entire world, I mean) are kidding, right? It's a great primary school game...try some tetherball some time.

Hehe! Handegg. Good name. Myself, I got over chasing rubber/leather balls around and trying to help or hinder others doing so at a pretty young age. I can see where somebody might want to do it for the exercise, but I can't imagine what the attraction is in watching somebody else do it. I find it incredibly boring. Given a choice between watching somebody play handegg or cleaning the bathroom, I'll clean the bathroom every time. At least something worthwhile gets done, and in dramatically less time, so you can go do something useful/enjoyable/profitable/educational.

tfarny said:
Soccer - you guys (the whole entire world, I mean) are kidding, right? It's a great primary school game...try some tetherball some time.

Try running for 45 minutes, stopping for 15, running for 45.

The reason I think soccer/football truly is the greatest sport is because it's a much 'purer' game at least while its being played; no freezing the shooter/kicker, no media time outs, no BS. The game's outcome is mostly decided by the players' actions, not the coaches'. I think Hockey and Basketball are similarly athletic, but even then people get shifts and TOs.  

whitebison66 said:
Try running for 45 minutes, stopping for 15, running for 45.

...and still end in a 0 - 0 tie.

i kid :icon_biggrin: i was never much of a soccer player. i don't have the running stamina for it. and i definitely don't have the patience to watch it, either.

Remember a few years ago when the hockey players went on strike?  That was a great year!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
JaySwear said:
eagles fans hate steelers fans.

I'm convinced that Eagles fans hate everyone.  I think they hate their own team, just a little less.

haha thats a very good point. knowing a couple eagles fans personally i can say i don't think anything makes an eagles fan happy. they've even been known to snowball santa off their field.

i was at a game at fed ex field once up in the nosebleed seats, and we had two eagles fans who had come with their redskin friend. of course the eagles demolished us, and after all the sh*t talking the entire game they then told our entire section the home address of the skins fan who had invited them. eagles fans are the worst.

AutoBat said:

I love that! I really seriously think we should change the name of the sport to Handegg. It would be a step in the right direction for the USA... you know, to be honest about something for once.  :laughing7:

JaySwear said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
JaySwear said:
eagles fans hate steelers fans.

I'm convinced that Eagles fans hate everyone.  I think they hate their own team, just a little less.

haha thats a very good point. knowing a couple eagles fans personally i can say i don't think anything makes an eagles fan happy. they've even been known to snowball santa off their field.

i was at a game at fed ex field once up in the nosebleed seats, and we had two eagles fans who had come with their redskin friend. of course the eagles demolished us, and after all the sh*t talking the entire game they then told our entire section the home address of the skins fan who had invited them. eagles fans are the worst.

That's Philly sports in general--whaddaya expect from a town that embraces Chris Pronger?

despite the redskins best efforts to lose it, the cowgirls just had too many penalties :icon_biggrin: now thats a way to start out a season. especially with an entire new team, offense and defense

I was peeking at that game on-and-off as well. Donovan looked pretty youthful out there--I'll admith that. The big one that I watched was Green Bay and Philly. Not a bad game, but like the Dallas/Washington game, it was a defensive battle. I watched most of it till the cross between brats, beer and my La-Z-Boy led to a football nap with 8-10 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

JaySwear said:
to be fair, baltimore fans hate redskins fans. jets fans hate giants fans (bills fans don't even count). eagles fans hate steelers fans. none of them are in the same division, or even the same conference.

but i agree, i hate celebrations for preseason games. but a statewide rivalry i'm definitely ok with.

All of the diehard redskins fans I know are notorious for preseason celebrations. After a preseason win they all tell everyone else how the skins are going 19-0 and it's the start of a dynasty.  :doh:

I can't stand redkins fans or eagles fans. But I HATE steelers fans. They are the worst.

Back