Foo Zeppelin

GoDrex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRBsgRYPR-4

That rocks. Dave Grohl is leading some kind of charmed life for sure.

Not even close to my kind of music, but it's always a pleasure to watch old friends play music together :)

Cool!  Two of my favorite bands together!  :headbang:

Awesome that they had Taylor sing and Dave drum.  Not sure Dave's voice would be great for that song.

He seems to have a pottymouth problem - gee Dave, we know you're cool. What kind of bass is JPJ playing? There's a good shot of it from 3:16 to 3:20, but I can't remember what that headstock means. :icon_scratch:

It's funny, later LZ years and now too it seems, Jimmy's live tone seemed to move farther and farther from his recorded tone, that organic sound from the early seventies. His live tone is just a little bit weird. Anybody else hear that?

Regardless, the best part of that video was watching Dave Grohl smiling his head off. He looked like the happiest kid in the world.

newmexstrings said:
JPJ looks tortured by that guy's voice. Sounds like a bad karaoke night.

Indeed it does.

Those 2 "younger dudes" didn't deserve to be onstage with those "old geezers"... you know, the real musicians of the gathering.

Now I know why I never paid any attention to the FF when they came out.

Good ol' James Patrick is still sprightly as ever...

nathana said:
It's funny, later LZ years and now too it seems, Jimmy's live tone seemed to move farther and farther from his recorded tone, that organic sound from the early seventies. His live tone is just a little bit weird. Anybody else hear that?

Regardless, the best part of that video was watching Dave Grohl smiling his head off. He looked like the happiest kid in the world.

I remember watching The Song Remains The Same and thinking that his tone was not like a Les Paul into a Marshall - without something else going on. It sounded like it was out of phase to me. Mainly on "Black Dog"

I heard that Dave Grohl held a gun to Jimmy Page's head to get him out there in front of 86,000 people. You know, cause Jimmy didn't feel like Dave deserved it. :laughing7:

I don't know who this "Dave" character is, but it wouldn't matter if it was 8.6 million people. A bad vocal is a bad vocal.

Not everyone is Robert Plant, but for a drummer who doesn't normally sing, I didn't think it was that bad. But if you want to find fault with something there's always something to find.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Page's sloppy playing. That's what people usually bring up.

GoDrex said:
I remember watching The Song Remains The Same and thinking that his tone was not like a Les Paul into a Marshall - without something else going on. It sounded like it was out of phase to me. Mainly on "Black Dog"

Page recorded quite a bit with his Tele.  In fact, the whole 1st album is (supposedly) Tele+Supro.

GoDrex said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned Page's sloppy playing. That's what people usually bring up.

He's been sloppy for so long that it's just a "given".

Nevertheless, fantastic writer/arranger and quite versatile as well.

Superlizard said:
GoDrex said:

Page recorded quite a bit with his Tele.  In fact, the whole 1st album is (supposedly) Tele+Supro.

The Song Remains The Same is the live movie. He plays the sunburst. I'm aware that he used a tele a lot on albums.

Superlizard said:
GoDrex said:

He's been sloppy for so long that it's just a "given".

Nevertheless, fantastic writer/arranger and quite versatile as well.

I just assumed he was always drunk....SPOT on solos or live performance NEVER happen.  The "sloppiness" is expected.

Back