Flying V neck or paddle?

toasterdude

Hey. Just got a warmoth V off of ebay for a great price. Already planning the build and drop in of JTV Variax "guts" but the sticking point is warmoth no longer doing V necks. I guess I can order a paddle or blank neck and find someone that can shape it to a v style neck?

Any suggestions of places or people that do that sort of stuff? Thanks in advance!

Look for woodworking or lumber shops in your area, and see if there are any woodworkers' clubs.  Alternatively, show up at your local cabinetmakers' shop with a case of the local brew and your paddlehead and beseech their aid.

+1 on that ^. Local folks are always happy to help people who have an interest in what they do and to be able to share their talent. Beer is just icing on the cake.

It cost nothing to ask.

DavyDave53 said:
Just get a snakehead neck and drink the beer yourself?

Hmmmm. . . .may look into that. I plan on 2 prails and a middle p90 so not a traditional rockin V. Heck maybe a tele neck. My build which is in the works now is a warmoth Firebird with tele neck and tele pickup type config. . . . .

Time to look at snakeheads as well. . . .

I live in Dominican Republic so not sure I would trust a cabinet maker etc. I found a set of V templates on ebay. I know a luthier down there and just may have him shape the headstock and drill tuner holes.

Back