Floyd Rose FRX on Thineline Tele

Heft

I'd like to put a FRX on a Thinline (hollow) Tele. I'm just a bit worried I would hit air when I go to install the studs. Am I good to try this or should I stick to a more traditional bridge?

Are you buying a new body from Warmoth? I think if you go with the solid bridge chamber you'd be fine!

EDIT: Also, if you're worried about stud install I'd just have Warmoth do it. I've had them install the studs for me every time applicable! I don't have a drill press, and would be too worried about it even if I did

Attachments

• tele.jpg
    tele.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 150
I've already bought the body, it has the hollow cavity.
I'm in a weird spot, I ordered a body with no bridge studs/route because I want to put a jaguar scale neck on it and that means putting the bridge in a different spot.
Thanks

That is a seriously tough spot. I'd hate to send a guitar away, but there are some members on this page that are incredibly handy. Maybe see if you could send it to somebody for some custom bridge routing?

Also, had no idea the Jaguar and Tele neck pockets were the same! That's really cool. I've thought about doing the same in the past, ordering a body without the bridge route and then drilling for my own Strat bridge in the correct location

Yeah its pretty cool. Just remember that the jag necks fit a strat neck pocket not a tele neck pocket. Its weird that that matters but it's important. Also you have to sacrifice your bridge pick up. If you can live with that its totally worth it.

Back