Floyd Rose® Speed Loader Tremolo - Chrome

ZGOZZ

Floyd Rose® Speed Loader Tremolo - Chrome
Does anybody have this? Is it worth the extra cost? :icon_scratch:

Warmoth really needs to consider offering this ! Who here agrees ? I have'nt tried it yet , but I'm sure Floyd would'nt put out a better mouse trap unless it was really good !

+1 to the OFR.  The Speedloader is nice but it really limits your choice of strings.

blue313 said:
+1 to the OFR.  The Speedloader is nice but it really limits your choice of strings.

why do you say that>?
What brands?
Floyd Rose is right here in NJ might be stopping by...

to dbw - I'm sure Floyd Rose does'nt need the money. I bet he's already filthy rich!

to zgozz - Floyd Rose Speedloader strings are the only strings you have to buy , because they have both ends of the string with those "wat chya ma call its". ball-ends?

The Speedloader works great!

I have 2 guitars with the system, hassle-free, easy to change, and they stay in tune BETTER than an OFR!
:party07:

Very responsive, the trem-stop in the back keeps it Uber-stable, but you can easily back it out if floating's yer thing.
:toothy10:

BTW,  yes, you DO have to buy the special strings, but they're still cheaper than say, Elixirs, they last LONGER than "normal" strings, due to the lack of kinks that occur with bridges with more traditional saddles/nuts (including the OFR...let me state, is STILL a great trem)

Plus, you rarely have to re-tune.
I will admit the small microtuners (located in the saddles, besides the larger "Floyd" tuners, take a littel getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, becomes second nature.

With the Trem-stopper in place, with one of the appropriately-gauged strings, you can re-tune about approximately 3 steps...try THAT with an OFR!

One thing I really feel Floyd Rose made a mistake with (and that is a rare thing for him), was in not offering it with 25" scale as well as 24-3/4 and 25-1/2" scales.

I just wish some "Eddie" or guitar hero would use one, so it would catch on...

(Disclaimer for any trolls...as with that debate over the Super-Vee, which I will be trying once my guitar gets back from the shop...I am NOT shilling! Izzat as clear as an azure sky? Thank you.)  :icon_biggrin:

Blue313 said:
Oh contrair mon friar, I do have the speed loader, as a matter of fact I have 2. One is on my cherry telly and you can use any type of strings you want. I see no limitations..I got EB super slinky's on mine... :dontknow:

Is this new?  I was under the impression that only Dean Markley made the speedloader compatible strings.  :dontknow:

With the speed loader yo get the choice for the strings to stop at the nut (with a special nut) or use a head and tuners, don't you dangerous?

I guess the one that I got is different..The one I have is actually called the "Fast Loader", my bad.. Sorry Blue...
yhst-50206111187217_2020_319180

DangerousR6 said:
I guess the one that I got is different..The one I have is actually called the "Fast Loader", my bad.. Sorry Blue...
No blood, no foul.  :icon_thumright:

And I like that Floyd, Ill have to look into it for a shredder project.

Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
No blood, no foul.  :icon_thumright:

And I like that Floyd, Ill have to look into it for a shredder project.
I got both of mine from www.guitarfetish.com These are more like the Schaller style that Jackson and some others use, but have the fastloader saddle bolts. And you can use any type of standard strings with the ball ends... :icon_thumright:

Back