Flamed Koa neck with turtle inlay

new-killer-star

My neck showed up - it’s gorgeous... usually I have a plan for a build but not yet.  I’ve just wanted one since they teased us awhile ago

YbSPqbH_d.webp

vcTp5KZ_d.webp

Thanks - there were tons of gorgeous turtle inlay necks in the showcase - it was hard to choose.  I have a mooncaster body on order and I might use it for this - but its more likely that I'll do a tele or soloist style body with complementary etching or inlay on it.

I’m hoping mine show up this week. This is my game plan

Attachments

• D01FE6A6-0C2F-45CC-A783-A1AFB70D402C.png
    D01FE6A6-0C2F-45CC-A783-A1AFB70D402C.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 157
I wonder way they didn't put the big one at the 12th fret, and little ones at 5, 7, 9 and 15.  Still, looks great!

rick2 said:
I wonder way they didn't put the big one at the 12th fret, and little ones at 5, 7, 9 and 15.  Still, looks great!

I think it’s cute the way it is - but it’s an R&D neck... I’m not gonna overthink it :)

The turtle inlays are so cool, and that neck is one of the coolest I have ever seen! Pop a warmoth-style headstock on it and I will take one too!

new-killer-star said:
My neck showed up - it’s gorgeous... usually I have a plan for a build but not yet.  I’ve just wanted one since they teased us awhile ago

YbSPqbH_d.webp

vcTp5KZ_d.webp

Wow, I think you got the nicest one! Great piece of koa, beautiful ziricote, and the inlay color looks great on it.

Wow, I think you got the nicest one! Great piece of koa, beautiful ziricote, and the inlay color looks great on it.

I don’t know if it was the nicest one, they were all awesome but it’s very nice and I’m very happy with it

I had that exact thought when I saw your two threads - "These guys need to get together and combine their powers!"

That neck would be so cash money on that body, just unbelievably flashy.

Back